Chapter 11

Mamoru winced twice and pinched himself while he was driving. Had he really heard what she just suggested to him?

"Are you serious?" He just said while his gaze was sticked to the road. "This is ridiculous, you are fourteen. How on Earth should anybody believe this?!"

"Well, you just said that we can manipulate people's minds with your Artemis T, right?"

"Yeah?" He replied hesitantly.

Usagi put on a mischievous smile and declared

"You have your magical ball...and I have my transformation pen."

The second she said it, Mamoru's gaze lightened up and he narrowed his eyes in order to think properly.

"This could work...you mean you'd transform yourself into an older version in front of Kenji, Ikuko and Shingo, would you?"

Before she could confirm his assumption, Mamoru raised a concern

„What shall we do with Luna? We cannot tell her about this!"

"Well, if I only have to transform at home, I could ask Ray or Amy if they could take Luna for a while. Perhaps Diana could convince her that this is a good idea."

"Usako! That's brilliant!" Mamoru was deeply impressed by Usagi's creativity in terms of polishing their plan. She seemed to have fun as well when she added.

"For school I can change back easily into my normal appearance, so no one of my friends have to become suspicious. The only thing is that you have to take care of...of...what's her name anyway?"

Mamoru frowned and took a quick look at the driving mirror.

„She's asleep." He stated and risked a quick glimpse at Usagi who was sunken in her thoughts again. After a few moments, she suggested

"What do you think of 'Chibiusa'?"

He flushed deeply and quickly replied

"Err, a wonderful name indeed but unfortunately it has been spoken for already."

"Oh" was all she could reply and apparently she was again thinking of an appropriate name for the little sleeping girl when she pursed her lips and frowned.

Suddenly an idea came into Mamoru's mind when they turned around a corner and saw the lights of their hotel.

"Would you like Kousagi?"

By his suggestion, Usagi smiled deeply and even grabbed his hand.

"That's really a great name, Mamo-...Mamoru-San. I love it already!"

By saying this, the car stopped and both made their way quickly out of it. Mamoru lifted the sleeping beauty up and followed Usagi quietly.

"Looks as everyone seems to sleep already. Thus, the best would be to let her stay with me for tonight. Let's put our plan into practice by tomorrow. Could you advice your cat ball to give her some Pyjamas?"

The requested nightwear came by magic and a quick command to Artemis T a moment later. Usagi smiled warmly at Mamoru when he placed the little Kousagi on her bed.

"You even thought of adding little rabbits and crescent moons as a matching pattern for her...that is really cute."

When their eyes met, it felt like an eternity for both until the blonde bun-head started again

"Its really weird but somehow this feels all so right...although I'm really close to freak out."

She broke eye contact with him and turned her attention to the little sleeping girl. With a small sigh, she took a seat at the bed and continued.