Chapter 4

They were indeed on a good way concerning their mission; Mamoru had a nice place where he could stay, he had the possibility to study and everyone around him accepted him to be a part of this world. Everyone, except Usagi.

It had been a couple of weeks now since he moved in the Tsukino house, but every time he wanted to see her and talk to her, she was not there at all.

During the week, Usagi overslept regularly, got detention and spent her leisure time either at the Game Crown Center or somewhere else such as in the weird shops the Dark Kingdom had established in order to get the people's energy.

On the weekends, Usagi slept till noon and then either met up with Naru or with any other of her friends. She was hardly at home. In the nights, she fought youmas and sometimes, she was busy with making her homework.

It looked as if they would have a parallel life. One reason was that Mamoru had to avoid situations where Usagi bumped into his past self - which happened on a very regular basis - the other reason was that Mamoru was fairly busy with his own study.

Furthermore, Usagi didn't seem to be aware that he lived with them now. Apparently no one had told her at all, not even Luna as Diana had found out.

"I gain more and more the feeling that we should go ahead in time and restart our search for the Light of Hope at a later stage."

Diana spoke while she was looking critically at the information shown on her super mini computer.

"It's been a while we have been here and there is no hint of Galaxia's Star Seed at all.

"Diana, Shingo just had accepted Luna and Amy will join Usagi in her mission pretty soon. I think we should wait for this event to take place, perhaps the Star Seed will be drawn to this event. Therefore, we should stay patient. Besides, I am quite busy with my study and don't want to miss too much things."

Mamoru gave the little feline an honest smile

"Frankly speaking, I like this way of living and we have time, don't we?"

The cat knew too good what Mamoru wanted to tell her and gave him a sincere smirk in return.

"Right, I think we are done with our research for today and I don't want to learn any more. It's getting late and I'll go and take a bath now."

By saying this, Mamoru got up from his bed and made his way downstairs. Ikuko had told them that this evening they would be out since there was a school festival of Shingo's school, so he looked forward to spending the evening on his own with a quite relaxing bubbly bath.

Still sunken in his thoughts, Mamoru got off his clothes and put on a towel around his waist.

It should have made him suspicious when he opened the bathroom door and hot steam came towards him. Unable to see anything through the fog, he took off his towel and went blindly to the bathtub.

‚Strange, did Someone forgot to let out the water from the bathtub?'

By thinking this, he swung himself into the hot water and froze in utter horror instantly when his legs collided with naked skin.

"Iiiiieeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A high shriek was followed by his action and while Mamoru was busy paddling the hot steam aside in order to see properly, the vision to the owner of the naked skin became clear.

"Whhhaaaaat? Baka??!!!!!!!!!!"

Usagi didn't seem to be that happy to see her future husband sharing a bath with her. At least not at this point of her timeline.