Chapter 12

At the beginning, his new life couldn't be any better. Mamoru had his wife, they had a sweet little daughter and they lived in a quiet nice house in the lovely district of Azabu-Juban, Tokyo, planet Earth.

It could have been perfect...apart from the fact there were a few problems to face:

Usagi's families' minds were manipulated in order to believe this story of a grown up studying Usagi with a child and a husband who is a doctor and does some sort of sabbatical time.

Luna's mind they tricked as well with Artemis T but only to a certain stage so that she still didn't have a clue who Endy really was. This lead into an enormous task for Diana to keep her away from the Tsukino house, since there had been two new secrets added to this already very complicated story with a grown up Usagi and the mysterious girl they named Kousagi.

Furthermore, Usagi had to live three different life's now. Apart from the one at home as an adult version of herself, she kept fighting youmas in her disguise of the super heroine Sailor Moon and by daylight she went to school like every normal, ordinary teenager had to do. Not a quite easy situation to cope with either.

So, taking a closer look at Mamoru's life, it was truly far away from being perfect but it was at least a life. The other option would have been to be dead, without his Star seed, taken by an evil queen named Galaxia.

Understandably he was never that happy when Diana reminded him that everything they had built up was based on lies, making their search for the Light of Hope not easier.

The moment the little girl had been able to be examined, Diana had scanned any detail of her little body in order to find out who or what she was. Without any satisfying result.

"She possesses some energy, but this is definitely too low to contain any particle of Galaxia's Star seed."

She had concluded after she had added every single information of this little girl she could get into her computer.

"Unfortunately she isn't able to speak properly so we cannot ask her anything."

With a certain portion of resignation written on her face, the little cat closed her mini computer with her paw.

"Frankly speaking, we are at the very beginning with our research."

"I honestly can't understand this."

Mamoru was walking around in Usagi's bedroom which had been changed fairly recently into their! room with a large, impressive box spring king size bed. The moon and rabbit blankets had to stay there since Usagi has insisted to keep them. Kousagis and Diana's room was now at the attic where Mamoru used to live.

While he was walking, he continued his monologue.

"When I kissed Usako in the hotel room, I could feel a certain power, coming straight from this toddler. When I met her on the tree for the first time, I recognized this glowing as well. I am more than sure that she has something to do with the light of hope. She isn't an ordinary girl at all. She can jump from a high tree, she appears out of the middle of nowhere and is able to find us in a hotel, far away from Tokyo. No one seems to miss her and she seems to like us very much. It can't be that she doesn't have any measurable energy at all?!"

Mamoru was still confused when he heard the front door opening downstairs.

"Mama, I'm home. Uh, Papa, what's going on, why are you dressed so solemnly?"

"Ohh, work wise I am going to the embassy tonight in order to see princess D and her crown treasure."

Mamoru and Diana winced by the dialogue they just eavesdropped.