Chapter 10

Kenji and Ikuko hadn't promised too much when they said that this was supposed to be one of the most romantic places in the world.

After a drive of probably twenty minutes without saying a word to each other, they turned around a corner and immediately held their breath when the impressive restaurant came into their view.

As if it had emerged from a fairy tale, this kind of palace was like a little gem, placed in an evergreen fir forrest.

'Almost like Elysion.'

Mamoru thought and took a look at Usagi who was as same astonished as he.

"That's...remarkable!"

She exhaled and her gaze softened to a dreamingly look. When she felt that his eyes were set on her, she turned around and sunk into his ocean blue glance.

Mamoru blushed and cleared his throat while he stopped the car in front of the entrance.

"Have you never been here with your parents?"

"No, it had always been their annual rendezvous as they used to tell Shingo and me."
She spoke rather absently and quickly unfastened her seatbelt. "I think it's a good opportunity to discuss THIS inside this breath taking restaurant" she pointed with her index finger to him and herself.

Mamoru only smirked as a response and got off the car. He turned around and opened gallantly the passenger door. When she climbed out, an elderly woman appeared from the middle of nowhere, accompanied by a young man, dressed in a porters uniform.

"Ahhh, Miss Tsukino. So great to finally meet you in person. Your mother just called and informed me that you'll have the romantic candle light dinner tonight...ow, look what a gorgeous boyfriend you have!"

The woman purred in utter delight and granted Mamoru with a wide open smile.

"Please follow me in...Tsutomu, please take care of the car."

She took the keys from the raven haired man and threw them over to the young man who started the engine as soon as Usagi and Mamoru got into the restaurant.

It wasn't only impressive from the outside but flashed the couple tremendously from the very first moment they stepped in and gazed around.

'It almost looks like the miniature version of the Crystal Palace from inside.'

Mamoru stated in his mind and received the slight feeling that the future building of the Neo Silver Millenium was based on certain memory of Usagi.

"Your parents have booked this lovely séparée as every year."

By putting aside a heavy red velvet curtain, the woman led them into a little room which looked like the most beautiful and utterly cozy living room both have ever seen in their life.

The light was coming only from candles, spread all over the secret place. A silent romantic piano music filled up the air and Mamoru felt instantly that this would be the appropriate environment to have a wonderful time with his beloved Usako.

Apart from the fact that there were a few things which needed to be discussed before they could go on with the romantic part of this evening...if there would be any after all.

"So, I ll let you alone and will come back with the first course shortly."

She didn't wait for the couple to answer but disappeared silently behind the curtain.

"Oh thank God, I'm really starving!!!"

It sounded so familiar to him when she slumped down on the chair and focused on the upcoming meal by completely ignoring the fact that they had come here to sort out this whole chaos Mamoru had caused by traveling into this time. Thus, he had to make sure that he could get her attention back as soon as possible.