Chapter 16

The coffee served in the Game Crown Arcade  had always helped Mamoru to set his focus in life. This unique friendship he shared with Motoki gave him confidence and truly a certain kind of hope for this life.

This time though, it was fairly different to their usual meet ups. Particularly, since a little light grey cat was involved into this chat and his best friend turned out to be his brother in a past life.

From an outer perspective, everything was upside down but somehow it's made sense now to Mamoru.

He and Diana had filled up Motoki with all the information concerning the future developments until Mamoru's Star Seed was taken. They even didn't leave out the fact that his girlfriend Reika was supposed to be a Rainbow Crystal carrier and would transform into some sort of a monster pretty soon.

Motoki remained silent for a while but finally confessed that he had always felt a certain power surrounding Reika and was relieved that everything would turn out to the good in terms of her wealth and their relationship.

The group had agreed that Motoki would do his very best to keep everything as it is in his timeline concerning Mamoru and Usagi and would go on supporting them the best he could, not to bump into his past self any longer.

"It would be a disaster if you'd meet your past self since it really is a tricky thing, manipulating memories for Star Seed carriers, particularly in your case. All these brainwashed things you have been through...or would have to face from my timelines point of view wouldn't be helpful for your poor memory."

Motoki said worriedly and gave his best friend a thoughtful drunken look.

"Right, so that's sorted." Diana remarked and added "I think we should go on with our plan of creating a shield around the little red haired girl with the help of Artemis T in order to protect her against the villains from the Dark Kingdom."

Mamoru was pleased with the strategy so far he had discussed with his allies. He was still optimistic to get the requested Star Seed when he came back from the arcade and passed through the front door of the Tsukino house. He found Usagi sitting together with the toddler in the living room, playing with little Sailor Moon dolls.

When he stopped and leaned against the frame of the door, Usagi lifted her head and met eyes with him. She looked so different with her disguised mature body but Mamoru was still fascinated by her sky blue eyes which couldn't be changed by magic and thus showed the innocent teenager girl she really was.

"I've found Kousagi in the arcade." She declared with a dry voice. "I also met your past self there...you are such an incredible awful jerk, you know that, don't you?"

Mamoru could only smirk on her statement and replied nonchalantly "If I remember correctly, you used to give me a tough time either."

Usagi pouted and fired back, still annoyed of his behavior towards her in this time

"Life is tough but so are you."

Mamoru gave her a sincere smile, took a few steps closer and settled next to her on the ground, watching the toddler cheerfully playing with a Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen doll, totally sunken in her game and absolutely unimpressed by what was been talked around her.

"I know it's not easy for you Usako. It must be pretty hard playing the super hero by night, being an ordinary school girl outside this house and acting as a married mother at home. I really do appreciate that you do all this and I can't take back all the insults I've done to you in this time but you can be sure...that I do love you with any part of me and I will try my best to accomplish my mission so you can go back to your ordinary life as soon as possible."