Jump

This chapter was hard to write because I know nothing about bungee jumping. Google helped a lot. Sorry if it's not up to standard:(

Louise's POV

The rest of our stay in Hawaii ran smoothly and it was safe to say that Hawaii was one of the best places I had ever been to in my life. Not only that, but I had had some amazing moments there too.

"Ed, this plane goes to Harare International Airport, not Heathrow." I told him.

Currently, we were at the airport ready to board our plane back to Heathrow Airport in London. To say that I was sad about going back home was an understatement. I just wanted the excitement to continue. I loved being spontaneous especially since the painkillers I'd been prescribed were working amazingly...well, nearly amazingly...

"Yeah, that's because we're going to Harare International Airport." Ed replied.

"What? Where's that?" I was beyond confused.

"Zimbabwe." He shrugged casually.

"Woah, what?!" My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I noticed Ed's expression changed into a huge, smug, grin once he saw my amazement.

"We're going to Victoria Falls Bridge." He elaborated. "I Googled that it was one of the best places in the world to go bungee jumping when I was booking our flight here. So I thought, I might as well book a flight there too, and a bungee jump."

"Bungee jumping?" I gaped.

"It's on the Bucket List, is it not?" He was like my fairy godmother. Well, godfather.

"You're joking, right?!" I couldn't believe this. I was no longer upset about leaving Hawaii.

"It's supposed to be in this spectacular setting with beautiful scenery. You basically stand in the no mans land between Zambia and Zimbabwe and the waterfall is right behind you." Ed explained and my smile just grew and grew.

"Oh my God." I was almost speechless.

"I only booked a jump for you though. I'm adventurous yeah, but not that adventurous. I came into this world because of a broken rubber, I don't intend on leaving it because of the same thing." Ed said.

"Scaredy cat." I teased even though I was still dazed by the fact that he had actually organised all this for me.

"Oh, also, the drop is 111 metres and beneath you is the Zambezi river where many crocodiles are known to linger around..." Ed nearly laughed.

"Sorry, what? Crocodiles?" My happy expression instantly changed.

"Surprise!" Ed smirked.

****

We were only staying in Zimbabwe for 2 days and 1 night, and as soon as we reached the hotel by Victoria Falls Bridge, I instantly fell in love. Everything was so pretty and flowery; it had a nature sort of vibe and I loved it.

"Look at the view!" I beamed as I gazed out of the huge window of our hotel. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah, it really is." Ed's eyes were transfixed on me as he walked up and kissed me on the cheek, not looking out the window.

"Not me, the waterfall you cringey idiot." I nudged him with a grin, at a poor attempt to mask my light blush.

"Oh yeah, that. It's cool." He shrugged and fell on to the bed as I shook my head in disbelief.

We had slept off all our jet lag and I was booked for my bungee jump in half an hour. I was both excited and petrified.

Not only that, but I kept getting pains in my legs, my arms, my stomach...everywhere really. Although I wouldn't tell Ed of course. The pain only lasted about ten minutes and then would subside, so I wasn't worrying too much. I still had my pain killers.