Take Me Home

Ed's POV

3 hours. I had been sitting in this fucking waiting room for 3 hours going out of my mind with worry. Jamal had to leave because he left the oven on so not only was I worried, I was alone too.

I was absolutely clueless as to what was going on. As soon as she came in they rushed her away into a room and no one has told me anything since.

The waiting room was empty and there was hardly any staff around considering it was Christmas. As soon as my eyes fell on a nurse, I stood up instantly. She recognised me as I had spoken-well complained-to her about the whereabouts of Louise about 10 times in the past 3 hours.

"Excuse me? I've been waiting here for ages and I still haven't heard an update about my girlfriend." I explained.

"As I said before, sir. We will tell you if there is an update."

"But it's been 3 hours! You can at least tell me if she's okay." I complained.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot provide you with that information." She sternly spoke.

"Why the fuck not?" I almost yelled.

"Sir, I do not appreciate you taking that tone with me." She said.

"All I want to-" I began when my ears picked up the sound of Louise's voice.  "Louise!"

"Ed?" I heard her voice and followed it, leaving the nurse.

I ran out of the room and yelled her name again.

"Ed!" I heard her croak.

I followed the sound of her voice and it lead me to a room where she lying down on a bed. She looked tired, as if she had just woken up.

"Louise." My voice was quiet as I locked eyes with her.

"Ed." She innocently smiled as I sat down on the chair beside her bed.

"Are you okay?" Worry filled my mind.

"I think so, what happened?" She seemed clueless.

"You collapsed and then you came to the hospital and then I don't know what happened." I told her.

"I think I've been sleeping." She seemed groggy. "Not for long though."

She'd been sleeping and they wouldn't let me in?! What was that all about? I could've been by her side instead of going mad in the waiting room. And she wouldn't have had to wake up alone.

"You scared me death, Lou." I held her hand and she squeezed it. "I'm so glad you're okay, if anything had happened to you..."

"Well I'm fine, well I think so anyway. I just want to go home." She wiped her eyes.

"I'll find the nurse." I told her.

As soon as I was about to leave, a nurse walked in.

"Is my girlfriend going to be okay?" I asked the nurse.

"She'll be fine for now." The nurse informed me. "I assume you are aware of the cancerous tumour?" She looked to Louise and Louise nodded. "Cancer is better treated when it's treated early. It seems as though you've had no treatment whatsoever. This isn't a very wise thing to do. I suggest you contact you GP as soon as possible and arrange an appointment before the cancer spreads any further."

"Right, okay. Thank you." I nodded. "Can she come home now?"

"Certainly, she just had a bit of a rush of pain and her body couldn't handle it. She just needed to sleep it off. I hope you both have a merrier rest of Christmas." She said.