Clueless

Picture ^^ or >> shows what I think Louise would look like:)

Louise's POV

I was getting annoyed at Ed. He'd left me alone with his brother for an hour and didn't even tell me where he went. Then, a few hours after he came home, there was a knock at the door. He was at the door for 5 minutes and then when I asked him who was there, he said no one. The fuck?

I have a right to be suspicious, don't I? Something was going on.

Ed and Matt were in the living room speaking in hushed voices. I didn't get why Matt was still here. Why couldn't he just go back home now? I'm sure whatever argument he had with his parents could be resolved by now.

I pressed my ear up against the door and listened in. I know, I know, it's terrible of me to eavesdrop, but I needed to know what was going on.

"...so it's agreed, we'll go in 15 minutes?" That was Ed's voice.

"I'll go. Not we." Matt insisted.

"Fine, whatever." Ed sighed. "Where are you meeting them?"

"The park a few streets down." Matt replied.

The park where Harry dumped me.

"And you're coming back afterwards?" Ed questioned.

"Erm...uh...I think I might be on my way." Matt answered.

"Where will you go?"

"I'll find somewhere." Matt told him.

What on earth were they talking about? Who was Matt meeting at the park? Why isn't he going back home to his parents?

Should I go in? I wasn't sure. Curiosity took over me and I needed answers.

I pushed the door open and walked in.

"What are you both whispering about?" I smiled, trying to not come across as nosey, even though that was exactly what I was being.

"Nothing." Ed immediately replied.

Liar.

"Okay," I wasn't going to push it. "Have you sorted things out with your parents, Matt?"

"What?" Matt seemed confused and then recovered. "Oh yeah, I'm going to go home now actually."

"Oh, I see. Well, it was a pleasure meeting you." I fake smiled.

"And you..." He awkwardly replied.

He slung his bag over his shoulder and I couldn't help but notice that it looked bigger than before.

"Goodbye big brother." Matt gave Ed a huge hug.

"Bye, Matt." Ed squeezed him tightly. "Try not to get in to too much trouble, yeah?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Matt smiled and pulled away. Ed tousled his hair and smiled back.

"I'll show you out." I offered.

I lead Matt to the door and opened it for him and said goodbye once more. He shot me a smile and walked out.

I made my way back to Ed and noticed he'd put his jacket on.

"Where're you going?" I asked.

"Oh..." Ed thought for a second. "I just fancied a walk."

"Did you now?" I wasn't buying it and he knew it. Ed didn't just go for walks. "Can I come with you?"

"No." His eyes widened as he quickly replied. "I mean..."

"Ed, what's going on? Why're you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying to you." He denied.

"Yes you are. I'm not that stupid." I annoyingly hissed.

"Okay, I am lying. I'm going to follow Matt. And I really need to leave right now, or I'll lose him." Ed confessed.

"I don't understand. Why do you need to follow him?" I was clueless.

"I'll explain later, I promise. I'm so sorry, but I really need to go or I'll lose him." He hurriedly said. "I love you."

With a guilty look on his face, he ran out of the room and outside.

When he got home, he was so dead.

                              *****

Half an hour passed and I was going out of my mind with worry. Where was Ed? I had called him about 10 times now and texted him 15 frustrated texts. I eyed my phone, waiting for a reply when it started to ring.

My heart sank when I saw that the caller ID was Lottie.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Lou Lou! I haven't spoken to you in ages." Lottie beamed and I smiled.

"It's been forever, right?" I replied.

"I know! How are you?" She asked.

"I'm...I'm doing good." I lied. I didn't want to tell her about the cancer, I didn't want anyone else to know. I know she was my best friend, but I didn't want her to treat me any differently. "How are you?"

"Awesome! Christmas was amazing with Niall. I met his parents and they love me, of course." I could almost see her smile.

"Aw that's amazing, I'm so happy for you both." I truthfully admitted.

"Thanks, well I called you to ask what your plans were for New Year's Eve." She asked.

"I'm not actually sure." I admitted.

"Well, Niall told me that Harry invited Ed to his New Year's Eve party..." Lottie explained.

"Oh...Ed didn't say." I frowned.

"Yeah, Harry invited Niall and me too. I don't know whether to go or not." Lottie said.

"You should go, honestly I don't mind. Harry and I are in the past." I told her.

"Are you going?" She asked.

"I've no idea. Ed's been a bit off with me recently." I admitted.

"What d'ya mean?" She was confused.

"He's being secretive..."

"Where is he now?"

"I've no clue." I told her.

"Well-" She began and then I heard noises in the background. "Shit, Louise I have to go! I'm sure everything will be okay, just talk to him when he gets back. Sorry, bye."

And with that she hung up. Great.

There was a lot of things Ed seemed to be hiding from me. Was he going off me because I had cancer? Was he cheating? Why didn't he tell me he'd spoken to Harry? What were he and Matt talking about?

There were so many unanswered questions swirling around in my head. I was utterly clueless.

I decided to call Ed one last time and he picked up on the 5th ring.

"Ed! Where the fuck are you?!" I yelled down the phone.

Silence.

"Ed? Are you there?" I questioned.

I heard heavy breathing on the other side of the line and a little croak.

"Ed?" I was a little worried.

"P...park." His voice was weak. "Help."

"Ed, I don't understand." I was confused.

The line went dead.

                             *****

Hiii:) I kind of feel like my standard of writing is dropping, so is there any chance of some FRIENDLY criticism? Are chapters too short? Boring? Lack anything? I'd reallyyyy appreciate if you'd comment and tell me.

But if you don't, that's cool.

Anyway, vote, comment, be awesome...