Chapter 1

Thank you for reading. I do hope you enjoy this first chapter of The Strange Gamer. I do not own Ouran Highschool Host Club or any of the characters. Just my ocs.

......................................................................................................

I walked down the empty halls of the school. Everyone was in classes. This will be a fun year. I opened the door to the office. The lady at the counter looked up. She smiled at me. It was a fake smile. I felt bad. She must have to put up with bratty kids daily. I gave her a smile. 

"Hello miss. May I please have my schedule?" 

Her eyes widened. She quickly smiled back. "Name please." 

"What order?" 

"Last to first please." 

I nodded. "Mine name is Karakau Gema." 

She nodded. "I'll get what you need. The principal would also like to speak to you."

"Thank you, Ma'am." 

She smiled wider and shooed me to the door. I knocked and heard a come-in. I opened the door to be greeted by a brown-haired man. He had brown eyes and an almost stern face. He had a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

"Hello sir, I'm Gema." 

He chuckled and shook my hand. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Karakau." 

I quickly shook my head. "Please just call me Gema. I don't really care for Mr. Karakau. I'm sorry Mr. Suoh." 

He shook his head this time. "Then call me Yuzuru."

I nodded. "Okay, Mr. Yuzuru." 

He sighed then chuckled. "You here on a scholarship though you could've paid. Why is that?" 

I shrugged. "I didn't want to wear your uniforms. If I did the scholarship, I wouldn't have to pay for uniforms because it wasn't a package deal. If you didn't provide the other scholarship student with a uniform then I wouldn't need one either." 

He nodded. "You could've just asked to wear your clothes. I see nothing wrong with them." 

"It also helps boost our family name. If a son of the family who makes games get into Ouran on a scholarship, it proves how smart the son is. How capable the son is."

"Makes sense. Well, Ms. Hisho will give you what you need. Try to join a club if you're able to." 

I nodded and walked out. A club? What's the point. People don't really like what I look like. They say I look evil. I looked down at what I'm wearing. It was a black oversized hoodie. I loved those. I was wearing simple jeans and combat boots. My black hair covered my eyes which is why people thought I was scary. My messenger bag held my games if anyone wanted to talk to me. I looked at the lady behind the counter who is known as Ms. Hisho now.

"Mr. Suoh said that you would have what I need, Miss." 

She nodded and handed me a map and schedule. "Here you go. I hope you enjoy your stay at this school."

"Thanks, Ma'am. I'll see you later."

 I waved as I walked out the door. It's fun not having people be scared of me. I skipped down the hall and looked around the school. I was in class 1-A. I don't really care what it's called. I got there after getting lost about 4 times. I heard yelling and I shrugged. Guess this is the one. I knocked and everything went quiet. The hell?

The door opened and I stared at the teacher. He was tall with brown hair and glasses. The glasses glinted so I couldn't see his face. 

"So you are the new student?" I nodded. "Come on in and introduce yourself." 

I walked in and everyone stared at me. I heard the murmurs. 

"He's so creepy." 

"Why does he look like that?" 

"Are you sure that's a boy?" 

"Straight out of a horror movie."

 I sighed. No matter where I go, I guess I'll be judged wherever I'll go. I bowed to everyone. "Mine name is Gema Karakau but please call me Gema."

I sighed as the murmurs got louder. I looked toward the teacher. 

"Have a seat next to Mr. Fujioka. Raise your hand." 

A girl raised her hand and I saw the empty seat next to her which was next to the window. I walked over and she smiled at me. I looked at her in shock. She's smiling at me? Why? I smiled softly at her back as I took a seat. The teacher sat at his desk and people began talking again. I looked over at Haruhi. 

"Can I borrow your notes?" 

She looked at me strangely. "Sure?"

She handed me the notes from the lesson I missed. So we just did history. I copied down the notes while Haruhi was writing something in her notebook. I handed her notes back to her. 

"Thank you." 

She stared at me like I was crazy. "Are you on a scholarship?" 

I nodded. Is she on it too? "Are you?" She nodded. "How can you afford the uniform?" 

"I owe a debt to a club and they bought it for me." 

"How much do you owe?" 

"8 million yen." 

I stared at her. "What the hell did you do?!" 

She chuckled. "Broke a vase."

"A vase was out in the open and was worth 8 million?! That's not very responsible for that club." 

She giggled at that. She held out her hand. "Haruhi Fujioka." 

"Gema Karakau." We shook hands. 

"Friends?" 

I nodded. "Friends." 

I felt someone staring at me so I looked over to see two redheads staring at me. I stared at them. I looked at Haruhi and pulled out some cards. 

"Want to play a game?" 

She tilted her head. "A game?" 

"It's a game that ruins friendships. It's called Uno." 

She sighed and nodded. "Why not?" 

"Yay!" I clapped my hands through my sleeves. "Let's begin." This will be fun.

............................................................................................................

Sorry for it being so short. The next one will be longer. Anyway, thanks again for reading. I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye.