Chapter 4

"Hey. Take a seat." Eli ordered to me once I entered his room.

I, then took a seat in front of him and asked him nervously, "What's wrong?" What could possibly be wrong that he had to ask me back to the hospital, with the condition of my knees might I add, just to tell me about the x-ray result?

He cleared his throat and looked at me, anguish showed in his dazzling brown eyes. "So, I checked the x-ray and the blood test results after you left and um," he started but then paused, running his hands through his hair. "I'm not sure how to put it nicely."

"Go on. I'm not six." After a few moment of debating with himself, he finally explained to me some medical stuff, which really just passed through my ears since I had no idea what he was trying to tell me. That was until he made it clear.

"There's a tumor on your bone." And it was like the earth stopped moving in front of me. It was like the air I breathed had been poisoned. It was like my parents' divorce all over again.

"Oh." I muttered not knowing what to say. A tumor? Like...cancer? I'm only 18! I'm a virgin! Heck, I haven't even gotten my first kiss yet! I screamed in my head, trying my best to keep my composure in front of Eli.

Why me?

"Look, I'm sorry. Did you come here with anyone at all? Family? Boyfriend? Friends? I know it's hard to handle it yourself. You might want to--"

"I told you I'm not six. I can handle it myself." I cut him off, still trying my best to hold back my tears just to prove him and myself what I just told him. "So what do I have to do then?"

"You sure you're okay?" He stared at me with hesitation. I'm not but I'll be.

"What do we do?" I asked again more sternly this time. I'm not going to let him out of all people to pity me. I'm not weak.

"Well, um we need to do a biopsy to see whether it's cancerous or not. Preferably soon?"

I thought about it for a few moment before letting out the question, "Um how much will it cost again?" He looked at me with a frown after I said the last word on that question. I needed to cry so badly that time but I can't. I needed Kyle too but I knew he didn't need to know.

"Don't worry about it." He said, confusing me.

"What do you mean?"

"Just don't worry about it, okay? I just need you to let me know when you want to do it then we'll do it." Dammit, Eli.

"Listen, I'm not planning on telling anyone about this anytime soon so I'll have to collect all those money myself. And we all know cancer can make you broke."

"We don't know yet whether it's cancerous or not."

"Oh come on." I hope that it's not but let's be real here. We know that it most likely is.

"I'm serious." I sighed and stood up from my seat, ready to leave the hospital only for Eli to stopped me. "Lillian!" I looked back at him and he gulped at my stare before saying, "Just...please let me know."

...

Once my house came in sight, I caught a glance of a familiar mustang parked in front of my car. I knew it belongs to Kyle. What I didn't know is how am I going to face him after the big news Eli just told me?

I walked in and sure enough, there he was as beautiful as ever, sitting on the couch with Travis right next to him and Xbox controllers on their hands.

Kyle soon paused the game once he heard my footsteps and turned his head at me, smiling. That's when I lost my cool and ran to my room, slamming my door behind me.

Not a good move, but I lost it. I couldn't look at Kyle in the eyes and not broke down. It just wasn't normal.

"Destiny!" Kyle knocked on my door. "Destiny? You there?" He knocked again after a few second. "Des, open up!" And again. Seems like he wasn't going to back down anytime soon but so was I. "Lillian Cooper!" He shouted now and God know I was scared. Kyle had never yelled at me. Ever.

"Go away, Kyle." I said slowly, hoping he would hear my muffled voice.

"Hey, what's wrong? Open the door." He said, his voice softened.

"Go away!" I raised my voice now not being able to control myself anymore.

But of course, Kyle being the best person he is, he didn't surrender or even planning on it. "I'm not leaving, Lilly. Now open the damn door." He said sternly, so I walked to my room to unlock the door and lay back on the bed, burying my face on my pillow.

"Hey hey what's wrong?" I felt the edge of the bed cracked as Kyle sat on it. "Did you go to the doctor?" At the sound of it, I covered my ears with my hands not wanting to remember the time I last met Eli.

"Please, I don't want to talk about it." He then grabbed my hand and pulled me for a hug.

"Okay okay. We don't have to talk about it." He shushed me, whispering to my ear and lord, that was comforting.

We stayed in that position for a moment, him running his hand up and down my back and me crying to his chest.

Until I finally broke it and turned my head to stare at his frowning face. "Why do you want to be my friend?" I asked out of curiosity.

"What are you talking about?" He furrowed his eyebrows but I only raised mine. "Okay. You're nice, probably the nicest person I've ever known. You're pretty too, we can agree on that. And well, I'm comfortable with this, you know, telling you how my days go, picking you up, going out to places, I enjoy doing them with you."

"What if I'm not pretty anymore? Will you...will you still call me your friend?" I asked anxiously. I needed to know what'd happen the day I lose every strand of my hair, the day I look sooo pale, the day I lose all these fat inside me that you can mistake me as dog's bone toy.

"Of course not." He said with a smile that confused me, until he explain. "You're my best friend. Why would I downgrade it to friend?" I let out a small chuckle and buried my head back to the crook of his neck. "You know, girl, you can be the ugliest skinniest palest girl with a beard and I would still dream every night to bang you." I gasped at his words and pushed him away, covering my ears while he was laughing his ass off.

"Ew! Kyle!" I yelled at him and he tried his best to sober up and hugged me again but I swatted his hands away from me jokingly.

"Seriously though. This thing between us," he pointed at himself, then at me, his face turned serious. "no one will ever break it. We will always stick together no matter what."

"Until the day I die?" I stared at his eyes with hope.

"No. Until the world ends." I finally cracked a smile and hugged him as tight as I could as if I didn't want him to go away, to leave me alone in that state I was in. "Now, who's down for ice cream?"

-----

Sorry for awful grammar!!! 🙈 and sorry for not updating! I don't know whether anyone read this story but I really want to get this story done to the last chapter. I'm willing too hahaha so yeah! Here's another short update. I'll be sure to update faster later. I hope...

And thank you for reading!