Chapter 10

"Stop staring at your phone, dammit!"

"What?" I finally looked up at Kyle who was glaring at me. I just received a message from Eli saying that he has the result ready. He was asking whether it'd be okay for him to come to my house so that I didn't have to go to the hospital.

"Babe, I'm serious. What happened?" Kyle asked me, obviously concerned about my expression.

"Nothing, Kyle." I sighed as I stared at the phone screen not knowing what to say to Eli. "I have to go after school. Is it okay?"

"Can I come?" I frowned at his question and stared down again at Eli's horrifying text that looks so much more interesting than Kyle's expression if I told him my answer. "Okay. I'll drop you there." He said understandingly and my eyes lightened up at that.

"Thank you, Kyle." He smiled and kissed my temple. Ever since our so called date, Kyle had been acting way more affectionate towards me. I mean I liked it, I wouldn't lie, but these butterflies inside my stomach just wouldn't shut up.

'I'll be there after school. Don't worry.' I texted Eli and slipped my phone down my pocket.

It was, luckily, my day off from work. I wanted to go to the hill with Kyle but before I even got to ask him, Eli already ruined the day with his text. I'd be lying if I said I was totally fine with the text because my heart is pumping as fast as the butterflies' movement, only in the bad way.

"You're not going to eat?" Kyle asked from behind me and my eyes turned to my empty tray. I just realized I had been moving without grabbing any food with me. Then, I realized again that I should probably just start saving up.

"I'm not really hungry." I smiled slightly at Kyle and put my tray away as I wait for him to pay his food. He kept eyeing me cautiously as if trying to figure out what's been running inside my head but he knows too well I wouldn't budge.

I took our usual seat and tied my hair in a ponytail as Kyle fed me one of his fries. I took it with a chuckle and smiled gratefully at him with my full mouth.

"Did you lose weight?" Kyle's question came out of nowhere and I examined my hands. They did look somewhat smaller. I could see a little loose skin here and there. Maybe it's just that I hadn't been able to eat much due to how stressed out I had been.

"I think so. I had been so caught up with assignment." He smiled ruefully and I chuckled at him. "Don't worry. I'll start eating more."

"I'm begging you to do so. Or I'm gonna have to text you three times a day for your daily reminder." He said, feeding me more of his fries.

...

"How long will you be here for?" Kyle asked as we arrived at the hospital lobby.

I checked my watch and saw that it was already 4:30 pm by then. How long would it take? "Probably an hour or two. I'm not sure."

He nodded and smiled at me. "Okay I'll pick you up then."

"You really don't have to."

"Eh I want to." He stuck his tongue out and I chuckled at that. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the car. "Take care, babe." Kyle winked at me, making me rolled my eyes.

"Drive safe!" I said, then I closed the door. After a few good minutes of us waving at each other, much to my dismay, he finally drove away from the lobby and I was able to enter the horrifying building.