Chapter 7

When life hands you lemon, you gotta make some lemonade, or so they said, but instead, here I am, ruining my whole kitchen to make the world's supposed-to-be-best lemon meringue pie.

"The trouble girls would do for boys." I looked behind to see my dad leaning on the door frame, grinning at my misery. Oh how lucky I am. I rolled my eyes and continued whisking everything in the saucepan. "So which boy, huh?" His voice sounded louder as his footsteps was heard as well, coming closer to me.

"Dad, would you shut up? I have to get this done." He only chuckled and leaned forward to smell my lemon filling. "How does it smell?" I asked with hopeful eyes but then he grinned at me and I was so sure he was about to mock me again.

"If I say the negative word, will it stop you?" I slammed the wooden spoon down in the saucepan and whined at my dad.

"Daaaaad! Just leave me alone!" I said, pushing him to the direction of the door.

"Hey! I was just kidding!" He laughed as he was stumbling out the kitchen.

I swear I have a toddler as a parent.

...

"Savannah!" I squealed as I saw the beautiful lady standing in front of me.

"Lillian, honey! How are you?" She then hugged me tightly as if she'd missed my appearance. Well, Savannah here is Kyle's mom and every time I come to the Harrison's household, starting the last month, I had never seen her in the house.

"I'm good. How are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

"Things have gone hectic with the new diner coming." So yeah, Savannah owns some diners around the town with different themes and food and the reason being her love for cooking. Imagine having her and I in one kitchen. I gave her an apologetic smile and she chuckled, stepping aside. "Come on in. You know where to get your drink and boy so lead your way." I laughed at her words and nodded my head yes, walking to Kyle's room on the lower ground floor with the pie on my hand.

"Room service!" I shouted as I reached the wooden door.

"What do you want?" Ouch. I opened the door and let myself in, receiving an eye roll from my best friend.

"Ooh cranky, I see." I mocked him but his eyes soon focused on the box on my hand.

"What's that?" He asked and I smirked, walking towards the bed, again, with my own permission. I put the box on the bed and slowly opened it to show the...um...perfect yellow pie. Yep, that's the word. "Did you make this?" He asked with worried eyes. I then faked a gasp and yelled.

"Give me some credit will you?" He laughed at that and cracked the pie crust before putting it in his mouth cautiously. After swallowing it though, he nodded, his eyes widened in amazement and I grinned at him in victory. "See?" Okay, the pie crust was store bought...but come on! Let me be happy for once will you?

He finally let out a chuckle, which made me smile in relieve, and grabbed the lemon with his pointing finger, making my pounding hard came back.

Oh right! By the way, forgive how slovenly Kyle and I can get. At times, we just don't give a care about the world around us. I guess you should've known that by now.

"You make the best lemon meringue pie ever." Kyle said with a cringing face right after he licked his finger.

I sighed in disappointment at my own baking skill and said slowly, "Spill it."

"How many lemon did you put in it?!" He yelled right after I gave him the permission to.

"At least I trieddd."