Chapter 15

"I really don't want to do it."

"Destiny, my love, my girlfriend, it's only for the best, okay? I'll be here with you anyway."

"Look at the size of that thing. I can't do it."

"It will be quick. Trust me."

"I trust you, but he's too adorable. I don't want to kill an innocent little dog."

"Babe, it's just a game. If you don't do it we won't go to the next level."

"I'm getting ice cream."

I stood up way too quick and jogged to the freezer to get the other love of my life. I heard his grunt loud and clear, but there was no way I would kill an adorable dog even for a million dollar cash, leave alone for a game.

"May I kill it for you? For us?" He shouted from the living room. I chuckled and grabbed two spoons and a pint of vanilla ice cream.

"First of all, him. I've decided that he's a boy named Luco." I said as I walked back into the room. I stepped over his legs and crouched down to have my face in front of his. "And no, you can't." I said before kissing his soft lips as a peace offering. Gosh, I can never get used to kissing those lips.

"You're lucky I love you." He grunted in response, making me chuckle at his childish behavior. I felt bad for a split second and fed him a spoonful of ice cream.

"No, you're lucky I saved you from killing an innocent dog."

"He was clearly nocent!"

"Was not! No more ice cream for you." I stuck my tongue out and he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Turns out, it was way more fun teasing Kyle as my boyfriend. I could get used to this.

"Hey, lovebirds, can you make dinner?" I turned my head around to see Travis sitting on the other side of the couch. When did he get here?

"Where's dad?" I asked, putting another spoon of ice cream in my mouth.

He, however, did not take the clue that I needed that ice cream and decided to throw a cushion at me, making me drop my spoon on the floor. I glared at the little devil and grabbed Kyle's spoon for myself. "Check your phone. He'll be home late."

Dad? Home late? That's a first. I thought to myself.

I did not think my dad ever came home late unless there was some sort of emergency. What could possibly happen?

...

It was 11 pm and I was sitting there on the couch, legs shaking, until I finally heard his car parking outside the house. I straightened myself and waited for my dad to open the door.

"Where were you?" I asked as soon as my dad closed the front door behind him, making him jump on his spot.

He shook his head and placed his suitcase on the couch. "You scared me." He claimed.

"Well, you scared me first. So where were you?" I persisted and he sat down next to me on the couch, running his hand over his face.

He glanced at me every now and then and I got incredibly anxious of what his answer could be. Did someone die? Did he find out about me? Did I do something bad that he decided to put me up to adoption?

He, then, sighed before he said his reasons. "I was on a date." I looked at him with widened eyes. Excuse me, what? "It was nothing serious. She is just someone from work. She had been throwing herself at me for months I just...my head was still stuck on your mom, but I realized she has moved on. So-" Before he could finish his words, I hugged him so tight, taking him off guard. He hesitantly hugged me back and I chuckled on his chest.