Chapter 9

Waking up to know that school is waiting for you that day is already horrible. Add some pain to your knees and a way-too-comfortable-bed, there you have the best recipe in town. I swear I felt like skipping class so bad. If only my dad would understand how miserable it feels moving with these knees of mine, but 3... 2... 1...

"Lillian, I'm leaving. " There you go. "Kyle's waiting for you outsilde!" Well, didn't expect the last part but oh well, maybe I just had to go. Damn Kyle for being early.

"Okay, dad!" I grabbed my bag from my bed then made my way out to the familiar mustang.

Kyle, seeing me, opened the door to the passenger seat and let me in like a prince he is. "M'lady." He said making me chuckled at his behavior.

"Thank you, my prince." I joked just right before he shut the door closed, giving me a dazzling smile. "So how was yesterday?" I asked him teasingly as he started the engine.

"It was awesome!" He said exaggerating way too much. His inner white girl turned on out of nowhere, sarcastically, obviously. "I got to spend the rest of my day staring at my laptop screen and answering buzzfeed's random questions! Thank you so much, Destiny! You're the best."

"So which Disney princess are you?" I teased more, grinning from ear to ear. I deserved a good laugh after a dreadful morning.

"Really funny, Lillian." He rolled his eyes and I laughed at that.

The rest of the drive to hell was eventful as different pop songs were sang—or more like screamed—by both, Kyle and I, trying to beat the radio's volume. I gotta say we were somewhat better, though. A little singing lesson would do. A little too much.

After 15 minutes, Kyle finally parked his car on what he claimed to be the cool kids area. That'd be the only cool thing of being friends with a cool kid, I'd have to say.

As I was about to got out of the car, I flinched at the stinging pain on my knees as it reoccurred, only worse this time.  Seeing this, Kyle jogged to me and bent down. "That love boy didn't even do anything to make it better?" I rolled my eyes at his question.

"Eli. And yes, he did. It takes time, Kyle."

"Wow defending the boyfriend, huh?" I raised my eyebrows at that. Is he seriously going to talk about it? Like, now? "Just kidding, babe. I know you're mine. Come here." Before I even knew it, my whole body was already being carried by his two muscular arms and as much as I wanted to argue, I only chuckled at it despite the weird looks people were throwing at us. So I only held onto him tightly with my face buried on his chest as he kicked the door closed.

"People are watching." I whispered to him and I received a vibration through his chest as he laughed.

"I know. I'm surprised you haven't kicked me by my Twinkie." I bit my lip at that, trying so hard not to laugh and risking him letting go of my shaking body. Twinkie? Really?

As he entered the campus, more people had their eyes on us, obviously. What's not so obvious for me was the fact that I didn't care, not even a little bit. I knew people were calling me names, I knew my friends would think of me differently but I didn't give a damn because I felt safe. I felt...home.

"Sorry to disappoint you, honey, but we're here." He pouted as he put me down by my feet in front of my locker. "Enjoyed the journey?" He asked with that devilish sarcastic smile of him and I laughed at that, feeling myself gets only weaker as days passed.

God, what is wrong with me?

Apparently though, Kyle noticed this. "Are you okay?" I took a hold of the locker behind me and tried to steady myself.