Chapter 11

"Lilly!" I quickly switched the tab on my browser once I heard Travis's voice calling my name and soon enough, my door was opened by my little kin. "Hey breakfast is ready."

I couldn't exactly look at him as my hand was trembling above the mouse. I nodded my head yes quickly, while taking a long deep breath that was highly needed.

"Do you...want to come downstairs?" He asked, waiting for my response.

"Sure. Yeah. Let me..." I put my computer on sleep mode, tucking a strand of invisible hair behind my ear. I then braced myself to stand up and walk towards the door. "Okay. Let's go." I put my arm around his shoulders as we walked downstairs to get our breakfast.

Everyone knows I'm not the best liar and everyone knows that even the best liar would show a tiny bit of guilt on their eyes when they're telling a big lie. Leave alone hiding the fact that a lethal disease might kill you.

"There you are. Go eat your pancakes. It won't be warm for long." Dad told me as we reached the dining table.

Apparently Kyle told dad on how I'd been losing weight and both had been doing some kind of Getting Lillian Fit Again Project which probably would be almost impossible anyway, but hey, they don't need to know about that. With that, dad would always make sure that I get my breakfast and dinner if I'm home and Kyle would do the rest.

How old am I again?

"Yes, father." I said and slumped down on the chair next to Travis. We all ate our breakfast in such silence until dad finally stood up and put his dishes in the sink.

"Alright, I gotta go." He kissed the top of my head, then Travis's, and grabbed his briefcase. Do people still use those? "Take care you, kids. And Lillian, eat." I rolled my eyes and shoved one big piece of the pancake inside my mouth.

"Love you, dad." I told him with my mouth full and Travis waved at him. He shouted an I love you back as he walked out the house.

Once I finished my pancake, putting one layer on Travis's plate, I chugged down my water and put my dishes away.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of my brother from the kitchen entrance. I gave him a quick glare before getting back to business. 

Two slices of turkeys ready, my baby cheddar, beautiful half wheat bread, some lettuce, and of course, ranch sauce.

"I'm packing lunch." I told him, licking some ranch sauce from my thumb. "You want some?" He eyed me suspiciously and I could've sworn he knew something was off. Dammit, why do I need to have a smartypants as a brother?

"Uh, no thanks." I gave him a quick smile before cutting my sandwich into two triangles, wrapping them, and putting them inside the paper bag.

"Destiny!" My favorite voice shouted from outside as I tossed my lunch inside my backpack.

As I walked out the house, I felt the presence of Travis following me close behind, which is not only odd but really odd.

"Josh is kinda late today, don't you think?" I asked Travis without looking back at him. Now that I thought about it, where is he?

Josh is the only child from the family next door and he always goes to school with Travis since they go to the same school. He's kind of...strange, though. I don't think they're friends, but his parents were just too excited of knowing Travis and their kid can be best friends. However, I'm not sure if Travis's down with the idea.