Chapter 17: Bella Meets the Family

Lilly's POV

I arrived the next day at school with Jasper, the end of the year was coming really fast so there were prom flyers everywhere.

"So you guys going to prom?" Rose asked as we waited by their cars for Edward, who has yet to show up yet.

"Yeah, Jasper asked me last night." I blushed.

"Finally, dude!" Emmett laughed. "He's been asking all of us how to ask you when finally Esme helped him."

"Oh don't make fun! I mean, how'd you ask Rose?" I asked.

That's when Emmett went quiet and Rose looked at him crossing her arms, tapping her foot.

"Um," Emmett stated scratching his head. "Actually I haven't asked in like 30 years. I just assumed because we're mates...."

"Doesn't mean you can't be romantic about it!" Rosalie huffed, coming to stand next to me.

"Thanks a lot Lilly!" Emmett pouted.

"Oh, you put yourself in the dog house there mister, it wasn't because of me." I laughed. That's when everything went quiet. Everyone from the school was looking at Edward who pulled up, as he and Bella got out of his car, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"OMG! Finally!" I smiled as Alice giggled.

"I know right!" Alice squealed.

"I don't approve." Rose frowned, Emmett, Jasper, and Jackson humming in agreement.

"Come on, lets get to class." Alice said just before the bell rang and everyone headed inside.

Later: After School

By lunch everyone knew that Bella and Edward were a thing. I overheard Lauren and Jessica gossiping about it in the locker rooms for gym. Some things just never change. And by the end of the day people were still staring. I know this because when Bella asked me to come over and hang out everyone looked at her and Edward. Me, being the greatest friend ever, agreed and rode with Bella to her house. Bella and I got some homework done and talked a bit about both our relationships. I even told her everything how Jackson was really my son from a different life, but she still didn't judge and was cool with it. Shocked but cool. After a while Bella had to clean her truck before the sun went down, I offered to help but she wouldn't have it since I'm her 'guest'.

Bella was almost done washing her truck while I was reading when a loud 'bang' cane from Bella's truck making me jump. I looked up to see Edward on her trucks roof, then he jumped down into the bed, and hopped over onto the ground.

"Could you at least act human, Eddie-boy?" I asked, annoyed that he scared me.

"Yeah, she's right. I got neighbors." Bella agreed.

"I'm gonna take you to my place tomorrow." Edward said before pulling the dent out of her truck.

"Thanks." Bella said. "Uh, wait, like, with your family?"

"Yeah." Edward nodded.

"Wait, I mean, what if they don't like me?" Bella asked causing Edward and I to chuckle.

"So, your worried, not because you'll be in a house full of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward asked trying to hold back a chuckle.

"Glad I amuse you both." Bella stated.

Edward then turned his head, looking down the road. That's when I smelt the familiar scent as well.

"What is it?" Bella asked.

"Complication." Edward said making me throw a pebble at his head. He mouthed "sorry" before looking back at Bella. "I'll pick you up tomorrow, don't worry, Lilly will be there."