Part 23

KIM JI WON's POV

What is this supposed to mean? Nobody knows Min Jae except for Ha Neul... Ha Neul! I need to call him. I quickly called Ha Neul's number but he wouldn't answer it. Could it be him? But I know he'll never do that to me. I trust Ha Neul...

As I pace around my apartment, there was a sudden knock on the door. I ran as fast as I could hoping I would find the answers to all of these behind that door. I abruptly unlocked my door and opened it to see Park Seo Joon carrying a box.

"What are you doing here?" I bursted out of anger which stunned him probably because he have never seen me bewildered ever

"I am sorry... I was passing by and... I saw you coming out from your car and... I just want to return some of the things you left in my apartment before-" as he tried to explain himself, I looked at him and I don't know what to feel, after Park Min Young said that he didn't really loved me before, I don't want anything to do with him and I wanted to hate him so bad but... I just can't. Looking at his face reminds me so much of Min Jae.

He suddenly stopped talking when I suddenly broke down crying. Why do all the worst things happen to me?

"Ji Won, Are you okay?" He quickly dropped the box he was holding as he tried to catch me.

"Everything... is just...too heavy." I said in between sobs as he held me tighter. He stayed silent as he rubbed my back lightly.

I suddenly realized that every time something bad happens, Seo Joon suddenly appears out of no where. Is this all just a coincidence? Or is this fate?

"Do you want to talk about it inside?" Seo Joon asked and I nodded without even thinking.

We both got in and sat across each other on the dining table. He stood up for a while and grabbed four bottles of soju, he has been here a lot of times before so he knows the place so well.

"Okay, spill." He smiled as he opened one bottle for me. I can't believe I allowed him into my apartment so easily even though there are a lot of things going on between us.

"Just tired of work..." I lied and gulped down half of the soju.

"That's not it." He looked at me sternly.

"I don't even know why I let you inside my apartment." I mumbled as I drank another.

"What is bothering you, Ji Won?" He asked calmly.

"Everything." I muttered as I emptied the bottle of soju and opened another one. I should really take it slow because I'm starting to get dizzy.

———
PARK SEO JOON's POV

I was just passing by the building where Ji Won lives in hopes of seeing her so I could save the things she left or have given to me from being thrown out since Min Young wanted it out.

An hour has passed since I stayed in her apartment and Ji Won had drank four bottles of Soju, and yet she never said a thing about what's bothering her, he would just look at me straight in the eyes and say "Nothing." I tried to stop her from drinking but I felt like she need to loosen up a little, probably out of all people, I know her the best.

"Ji Won, I think you should sleep now-"

"Did you ever love me Park Seo Joon?" She blurted out as she rest her head on the table. "...because I did and I still do." she continued before she shut her eyes closed.

I looked at her in disbelief by her sudden confession, then I remembered she sometimes say stupid things when she's drunk so she probably didn't mean it. And besides, she's with Ha Neul.

I carried her into her room and laid her down carefully. Even when she's asleep she's still so beautiful, her face is red from drinking too much soju and her hair was all over her face. I slowly tucked her hair behind her ear to not wake her up. I can't help but admire her beauty.

I tried to live my life with no regrets, I just think everything that went wrong were lessons I need to learn, but I know in my self that letting go of Ji Won was my biggest regret.

"Seo Joon?" Ji Won mumbled her eyes still closed.

"Hm?" I answered.

She then suddenly held my hand lightly and whispered "M???? would be so happy to see you."

Who?

"What?" I asked her again as her words came out inaudible.

"Min-"

*phone rings

I looked at my phone to see Min Young's caller ID. I don't want to leave yet but if she finds out where I am, it might trigger her heart.

"Ji Won, I need to go." I announced as she nodded.

I kissed her forehead lightly and left the room making sure I locked every door on my way out.

—————
Rate this chapter from 1-10.

Like and comment 💛