Part 22

A month has passed and there seems to be no clarification about what they feel for each other between Kim Ji Won and Kang Ha Neul. It wasn't Kim Ji Won who tried to avoid the conversation but Kang Ha Neul has not talked to Ji Won since the last time they have spoken. It upset Ji Won a lot especially because Ha Neul was the only person who knows what she's going through and now, just like Park Seo Joon, he suddenly stopped talking to her.

Meanwhile in New York City, it was unlikely for Min Jae to start throwing tantrums because he was usually a bubbly child, but now he just randomly throws one and would ask for her Mom which is kind of impossible. Ji Won's parents didn't tell her about it so she wouldn't worry, instead they would take turns in taking him to the park to calm him down.

As Ji Won's mother followed Min Jae who was happily running around the park, she suddenly felt uneasy as she felt like she was being watched. There were only a few asians who come to this park often, and she knew all of them already, but there were two guys who were unfamiliar to her. She then carefully grabbed Min Jae and told him that they would go eat ice cream instead in which he delightedly agreed to.

Right after Min Jae finished his ice cream, they  decided to walk back to the apartment. Ji Won's mom still felt like someone was following them. She slowly turned her head around and it was the same guy she saw at the park. Scared that they may be actually after them, she hailed a cab and turned to another block so these guys wouldn't find out where they live. She watched as the guys stop on their tracks and pretend to look for something on the ground. When they safely arrived at the apartment, she knows she had to call Ji Won.

"Eomma? Why did you call?" Ji Won asked through the speaker.

"Honey, are you about to sleep?" Ji Won's mom answered.

"I just came home from work, is everything okay? How's Min Jae?" She excitedly stated.

"He's helping your father for lunch..." she trailed off.

"Eomma? Is everything okay?" Ji Won knows something was bothering her mother.

"Honey, did you somehow sent some bodyguards here for us?" Her mother mumbled knowing how ridiculous her question was.

"No? Why?" Ji Won asked concerned.

"Well, there were this two guys who were following Min Jae and I at the park-"

"Eomma, what were you doing at the park?" Ji Won's voice suddenly became breathy, she knows no one knows them but she has heard news of kidnapping around the area.

"I'm sorry Ji Won, but sometimes Min Jae keeps on asking for you, physically. It's the only way we could try to divert his attention." Ji Won's mother apologized.

Ji Won felt really bad for her sudden outburst that she started crying. She feels bad because she couldn't be there for her son, she felt bad because instead of her being in that situation, it was her parents who are too old to be taking care of a one year old. She feels bad for not being a good mother and daughter.

"Eomma, I am so sorry." She cried.

"Honey, it's okay. I think you need some rest. We'll call you tomorrow, okay? Don't worry about us, maybe I just got the wrong impression." Her mother quickly confided.

"We love you, Ji Won. Take care of yourself." And before Ji Won could answer, Ji Won's mother hang up her phone.

————

KIM JI WON's POV

As soon as Eomma hang up, I tried to call her again but stopped myself when I noticed there was a letter slid down under my door. I quickly ran as fast as I could to the door to find out who it was, but as soon as I opened it, there was no one around. I locked the door and grabbed the brown envelope on the floor.

What could this be? There's nothing written on it, no name, address, phone number... nothing. I carefully opened the envelop...

When I saw what was in it, my whole world suddenly stopped spinning. I felt my whole body tremble, I didn't even realize tears were falling down my face...

It was a photograph of Min Jae at the park near my apartment in New York, written on the photograph with a sharpie was

"You can't hide him forever!"

————
Who do you think is behind it?

Like and comment 💛