Part 6

Kim Ji Won's POV

Ha Neul's offer has been stuck in my mind since then. A part of me says he was right and that I should live the life I wished for so long but the other part says that I should just be a mother to my child since I have already lived that life and should just leave it in the past.

After Ha Neul told me Seo Joon was getting engaged, I quickly opened my social media and read a few articles which said that he may pop the question to Park Min Young soon. I couldn't stop my tears from falling, the pain is just too unfathomable. I silently cried that night with no one to talk to. Although later that morning I had to put a smile on my face for Min Jae, he seems to understand me more than anyone. He just know when i'm feeling down and how to cheer me up. He literally is an angel sent from up above.

It was the 29th of December and I have 2 days left to decide whether I should go back or if I should just stay. My mother must have noticed my uneasiness since she have been asking me non-stop if i'm okay. I have been an actress half of my life and I can't seem to hide what I feel when I'm with my parents.

"Darling, is there something bothering you?" My mother finally asked.

"Uhh... it's nothing, eomma." I stuttered.

"You have been zoning out a lot. Is there something you want to talk about?" She stated as she rubs her palm in my back.

"I actually can't decide," I sighed heavily "Eomma,  I want to go back to Korea and do what I love again, but I just can't leave you, appa and Min Jae behind." I said as a tear rolled down my face. I  have been holding this for so long and now I finally said it.

"My lovely daughter, I remembered when you were about 5 years old, you have memorized lines of a drama and you say it to yourself in-front of a mirror every single day. I knew right then what you wanted to be when you grow up." She smiled warmly at me. "It has been your long time dream. I don't want to see you one day having regrets over something you wished you should have done.  If you really want it, go for it. Min Jae won't be a hindrance because you got me and your father."

"Eomma..." I whispered as more tears kept falling down. I hugged her really tight not wanting to let go. I then told her what happened a few days ago and what I have been feeling too.

I have finally decided. I am going back to Korea.

"Will people think I'm already irrelevant?" I asked Ha Neul who was sitting right across me in a café.

"You shouldn't actually worry about that, worry about what you're going to say to your manager." He laughs.

"That's an even bigger problem." I sighed.

"So what are you going to tell them?" He asked as  he sipped his cup of coffee. "We'll be going back the day after tomorrow, you can't back out."

I guess the bigger problem here is not deciding whether I should go back, I think it's actually my manager. She would go ballistic if I contact her after two years. Should I even tell her about my child? But being a mother herself, I wish she would understand.

"I guess I just have to tell her the truth."

"Are you sure?" He asked unsure about what I said.

I didn't bother answer him but instead dialed my manager's phone number, which she thankfully answered after the third ring.

"Oh my god! Is this Kim Ji Won?" She screamed through the speaker.

"Miss Ga Eun? It is me, Ji Won." I gulped. I'm kinda scared now.

"Ji Won, where have you been all this time?" If she yells one more time, I might lose my sense of hearing.

"I can explain, but I will only explain it to you when I get back there." I calmly stated.

"Forget it. I'm just glad you're alive." She sighed heavily. "But when are you coming back?"  She asked.

"After New Year. I'm going back with Ha Neul."

"Ha Neul? Kang Ha Neul?" She asked in disbelief probably because out of all people it had to be someone I haven't worked with for a very long time, also, she was once Ha Neul's manager.

"Yes, that Ha Neul." I teased which earned me a kick from the one sitting across me.

"Okay, just call me when you arrive." She said excitedly.

"Tell her to prepare the press, it's going to be your big come back." Ha Neul grinned.

"Who was that? Is that Ha-"

"Bye!" I cut her off.

"Everyone's jaw is going to drop on the floor when they see you." He teased. "Especially, you know who." He winked.

"Stop it. It's not funny." I said with a serious face but inside I actually want to know how he would feel if he sees me again.

"I can't wait 'til we go back to South Korea." He dramatically sighed.

Me too, me too...

——
Sorry for taking so long.

Like and comment 💛