Part 20

KIM JI WON's POV

So tell me what's worst than having to sit in the same table as your ex and pretending that you two are good acquaintances? Even Ha Neul had to pretend he was in good term with Seo Joon, I mean I don't know if they had a beef with each other to start with, but they haven't talked since you know... the photoshoot incident.

I wasn't actually paying attention to what they were talking about since I was very busy stuffing my stomach up, their dumplings are to die for and the kimchi is just...wow I don't even have words to explain how delicious the kimchi is. I suddenly felt Ha Neul shaking me lightly, when I looked at him, he nodded his head towards the others signaling me to join in the conversation, I looked at them and everyone was looking at me as if waiting for me to say something.

"I'm sorry?" I laughed nervously.

"What are you up to these days?" Hyung Sik laughed along. "Besides you know... Ha Neul." He teased which earned a laugh from the others, except Seo Joon, I can see him hide his face from the corner of my eyes. Good for you.

"Oh, uh... well I have a drama coming but I don't think I'm allowed to say it yet." I stuttered.

"Oh, that's nice. Your first drama after 2 years of being away." He cheered.

"Hyung Sik, hi! Sorry, I'm late." A high-pitched voice suddenly appeared behind me.

"Min Young, I didn't think you'd come." Hyung Sik greeted her as he stood up from his chair. From the look on his face, I can tell even Seo Joon was surprised she came.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world... hi baby." She stated as she kissed Seo Joon in front of everybody. I shouldn't be jealous right? I mean I don't have a problem with her, this is even the first time I am this close to her, presumably because we haven't worked on the same project since.

Everyone on the table greeted her, but I just smiled considering I don't even know her personally, thankfully she smiled back at me. She wasn't that bad after all, so why do I despise her so much when I was pregnant. It's because of Park Seo Joon. That's just it.

All the attention was now on her as she share details on her new movies, not that I envy her, I'm actually grateful I don't have to say anything. I honestly enjoyed listening to her since her movie's plot was really exciting, that was until someone asked about their relationship.

"Since you too have become very successful now, when are you actually getting married?" the woman beside Hyung Sik, who I assume was one of his staff, asked.

"Oh my god, am I in an interview?" She laughed "We planned on doing it sooner..." she smiled at Seo Joon who's eyes went wide after hearing what she said. "Right,baby?" She said as she pout at Seo Joon.

"Yea...yes." Seo Joon stuttered as he smiled uncomfortably at everyone who was now in awe at them... i'm not jealous, but it's really... I don't know... cringey?

———

Finally, Hyung Sik's party was now over and everyone was starting to leave.

"Thank you for not making a scene." Ha Neul whispered as we stood up from the table?

"Why would I make a scene?" I asked lowly.

"Well, I noticed how stiff you were throughout the night." He smirked.

"I wasn't." I rolled my eyes at him. "Hey, wait for me, I really need to pee." I requested as I ran to the restroom.

I literally have been holding this for the past three hours since I'm too shy to stand up, it feels so good to finally let it out. I heard people going in and out of the restroom, making me feel at ease knowing I'm not the only person in here. When I got out of the cubicle, I went to the mirror and washed my hands, as I was about to turn off the faucet, someone came out from the other cubicle... and it had to be Park Min Young.

"Hi!" I smiled at her.

"Kim Ji Won, right?" She smiled back and I nod at her. "You're Park Seo Joon's ex, if I'm not mistaken?"

Oh god.

"Uhm... well-"

"He told me a lot about you." She giggled.

"Oh." I looked at her confused.

"Well, he told me not to tell anybody but I feel like you have already moved on from him." She looked at me innocently.

"Yeah, definitely." I scoffed.

"He said he felt bad dating you for publicity and he wished he actually felt something for you back then because that was just so rude to date someone you don't love, I actually told him to apologize to you, but he said you'd understand. I know though that he loves me, I mean we wouldn't get this far and be engaged if he doesn't, right?" She looked at me apologetically. " But the good thing is, now you found someone who actually sees your worth." She smiled as she held my hand.

I don't know what to say, I don't know if she's telling the truth, I don't know if she is being kind to me, I don't know...but I really felt ashamed and sorry for my self. I wanted to cry but I shouldn't. One thing is for sure, I want to punch the hell out of Park Seo Joon

"Yeah, I'm doing okay now, thanks."  I forced a smile.

"That's good, but I really have to go. Bye!" She hugged me and left.

I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair is now wavy even if I straightened it out, I have no makeup on but a faded lipstick, my face is too pale... why do I suddenly feel ugly now. I splash some water on my face to wake me up.

Kim Ji Won, this is no time and place to cry.

I searched for Ha Neul and he was outside on his phone waiting for me. I quickly walked towards him, I really need to get out from here. When I got outside, Seo Joon was still here with Min Young and Hyung Sik. I saw Seo Joon looked at my way, and I have no other thought in my head but pulled Ha Neul's face and kissed him suddenly . I know Ha Neul was caught off guard at first, but I'm glad he went along with it.

"What was that for?" Ha Neul asked silently.

I swallowed the lump on my throat and... "I really like you!" I purposely said it out loud which shocked the hell out of Ha Neul.

We then heard someone clapped behind us, we both turned around and saw Hyung Sik grinning at us while Seo Joon's face was in pure rage.

Let's call it even.

————

If you love PMY, please don't hate me for making her the bad person pleaaaaseeeee.

Like and comment 💛