Chapter 38: I Lived So Kill Me Now

"Y/N."

"M-Mom...?"

You opened your eyes only to see the same darkness from before. Your Mother was going to talk to you again.

"Mom, where are you?" You turned your head left and right trying to look for the person you wanted to talk to in this moment. You needed her words before you reunite with her in the afterlife.

"I'm here, dear." She appeared in front of you with a close-eyed smile. She raised both her arms as you leaned in for a hug.

"Mom..." You sobbed under the strands of her soft F/C hair. You really needed this kind of comfort after what just happened. You needed her.

"Life has been tough for you, sweetie. You can rest now." You opened your eyes in shock before you looked at her beautiful face. "R-rest...?"

"If you want to. It's not time for bed yet, Y/N. You still have time. Didn't I tell you that you still have a path to follow?"

You tilted your head down, "But it's over now... Dad chose someone else instead of me..."

"But there's still a way you can walk on. You should know it by now, dear." You looked back at her with a confused expression on your face. She smiled before continuing.

"You met the person who waited for you for a while and now it's time to walk on another path that you were meant to take. Didn't I say to follow wherever your heart takes you? Where did you think it brought you to?" You tried to find answers but there was none. You had no idea where your heart took you except for Bakugo, your heart lead you to him.

"Bakugo?"

"That's right. Because of him, you were already taking slow steps on that path you never knew existed in your life. You saved him, you saved your friends, you saved yourself. You even saved someone you never knew, what do you think does that mean, Y/N?"

You had no intention on answering her question since you didn't even understand it. You stayed silent while staring at her with sparkly eyes. You absorbed every word that came out from her mouth and to you, it lead to nothing.

"So I see you haven't figured it out yet. It's okay, Y/N. Remember that you still have time left, and once the unexpected comes, you'll do something you would never dare do even if you're forced to. And once you take that path, hidden truths will reveal themselves to you. You said it, right? No one can change a person but someone can be a reason for a person to change."

She closed her eyes as her lips curved into a sweet feminine smile.

"And because of that person you ought to love, your fate changed in an instant. That's just how powerful love is, so no matter what you do, that new fate won't fade away. Whenever your heart breaks into small pieces, only love can heal it. It's true that you can't fix a broken glass, but love isn't a glass, is it? Now, tell me, do you still wish to go back, my daughter?"

Her smile suddenly disappeared along with her whole body, she faded again. You stayed there in the darkness, all alone. Until light came from nowhere, it was blurry as you slowly walked to that light. Slow steps turned into fast and big jumps, you ran to the light as you finally made a decision.

"I want..."

The light was getting closer as you continued to run faster.

"...to..."

You raised your hand to reach the light you wanted to have. The life you wanted back, and the path you wanted to find.

"...live!"