Chapter 17: UA Sports Festival! Pt.5

Midoriya was about to run towards Shinso but he suddenly stopped and his eyes looked lifeless as if he was controlled. You knew this was gonna happen, Midoriya was quite stubborn sometimes.

"I went through all the trouble of warning him, too!" Ojiro stood up from his seat and put both of his hands on his head then turned to you with a worried face. You just sighed and turned your head back to the dissapointing battle in the middle of the stadium.

Midoriya, you're such an idiot.

"It's the first match! Liven things up! Midoriya! The match just started... and he's completely frozen?! He's got a blank look on his face and isn't moving a muscle! Is this Shinso's quirk?! He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing?"

Of course Shin-shin is amazing, he's just underrated, that's all. Also, Present Mic is starting to sound like a BGM. Is he always this loud even in a decent conversation?

"Hitoshi Shinso from general studies has gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Who would've imagined this?! Will the bottom overthrow the top?"

"That's why I said the entrance exam wasn't rational," Mr. Aizawa murmured.

I think he forgot there's a microphone in front of him.

"Huh? What?" Present Mic seemed to be curious.

"Here's some basic data on the two of them. Since it's individual matches from here on out, I had someone compile it for me. Shinso failed the practical exam for the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His quirk is very powerful, but the practical exam consisted of fighting faux villains. That gave an advantage to those with physical attack quirks. Shinso wouldn't have been to rack up any points with his quirk," Aizawa finished his statement while Shinso continued to talk to poor Midoriya who lost his mind since his brain was gonna have to go to a vacation until the whole match was over.

Gosh, I don't want to watch anymore.

Midoriya turned away from Shinso and blankly walked forward like he was been forced to be out of bounds. He looked like a zombie. It was why you hated Shin-shin's quirk at first but you realized it was awesome since you can let people do things for you and you just lay in bed being lazy and stuff.

I envy you, Shin. But anyway, I can be lazy with my quirk too.

"Huh? What?! Midoriya's being so obedient!"

"Deku, why?"

"If you go out of bounds, then you'll lose the match!" Everyone started to worry.

Oh, Midoriya, what are we gonna do with you?

▲▲▲

"A quirk that can control people, huh? Isn't that too strong to beat?"

"Yeah, but you can probably avoid if you know about it. I don't remember much after I answered his question. I think that's how it works."

"Of course that's how it works. I've been victimized by him eversince we were kids. But soon after, I finally learned how to escape his brainwashing," You said leaning to the wall.

Both of them looked at you with wide eyes.

"You escaped his brainwashing?" Midoriya asked. You sighed and faced the ceiling, "He brainwashed me to buy him ice cream before. Everyday he kept doing that since I always play at the park every afternoon. Somehow, I managed to overcome his brainwashing. But now that I think of it, I might know now how I did it."