Chapter 14: UA Sports Festival! Pt.2

"Now, let's get started right away. The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful first game!" She stated as some kind of spinner on the screen showed up. "This year, it's..." The spinner stopped on-- "...this!" An obstacle race.

"All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium--about four kilometers! Our school's selling point is freedom! As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do!"

Everybody cheered after Midnight explained. It doesn't matter what you do... It's a good thing you learned something new from your quirk. It started when you were training with Bakugo last week.

▲▲▲

"C'mon!" Bakugo yelled while you just stood there rubbing your head. Your whole body was aching and you didn't know why. "Oi! You coming or not?" He yelled again. You were about to run and attack him but you suddenly fell on your knees as your whole body was in pain and you couldn't move.

You groaned loudly. Bakugo immediately ran to you and sat on the grass. "What's wrong now?" He asked, still yelling. "I-I don't know. My head was aching and now I couldn't move my body." You replied. Suddenly, Bakugo carried you bridal-style and placed you on a large plain rock. For some reason, you couldn't take your eyes off him when he carried you. Your heart beated faster than usual and your cheeks felt hot.

"Are you sick?" He asked then he touched your forehead making you blush even more. You closed your left eye when he touched you and he began blushing. He immediately placed his hand on his pocket turning away from you. You were both embarrassed at each other.

"You're not sick. So why are you aching?" He said. You closed your eyes and thought of something.

'Wow... I didn't know Bakugo's hand was so warm. I admit it, I liked it when he touched my forehead with his palm... When he carried me, I felt like I was flying in heaven not wanting to go back down to earth. Damn.'

"Huh?!" You opened your eyes when Bakugo yelled again. You were confused why he looked small but then you realized you didn't feel the cold rock below you. You looked down and...

'I... I'm floating!

"Eh?!" You stood up and started to fall. Instead of flying, you ended up falling-- suddenly, you felt warm when you were about to fall to the ground. You looked up only to see his crimson eyes locked on yours. You both stayed like that for a few seconds and then he finally put you down.

When you were both standing side to side, you eventually turned away from each other while covering both your mouth. Your faces were both red and your heart beated faster than usual.

'Wait... Does this mean...?'

"I was floating, r-right?" You began to speak breaking the silence, "Y-yeah." He replied. You stared at the ground and said, "Then does that mean I can fly?" You both turned to each other. "Who cares?" He let out a 'tch' and walked away.

"H-hey! Where are you going?! We're not done yet!" You yelled but he didn't answer. You ran and catched up to him.

You were both silent but you still trained the day after. You found out that you can even use telekinesis on yourself, you just learned it so you don't know how to fully control it yet but you can still manage. Although what happened just that day...