Chapter 23

My backyard is covered in pink decorations, games, and tables.

Everyone is just starting to arrive and it is starting to get crowded.

So many people I barely recognize keep talking to me.

"Hey." Parker says when he gets here, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hi." I greet back.

"It is so great to meet you! I'm Georgia." His mother, a thin blonde lady greets.

"It's so great to meet you too." I return.

"Estella!" My Uncle Caleb yells, leaving his husband to come and give me a hug. "I haven't seen you in so long." He tells me. "I would say you've gotten bigger, but I think that would be rude" he jokes.

"It's great to see you." I respond, giving both him and his husband Quinten a hug.

Parker and his mom go to find a place to sit, and I feel a bit bad for them because they don't know anyone here.

My brother invited some friends so he wouldn't be too bored, so his best friend Ethan is here, along with Austin and Marcus.

My mom lets out a high pitched shriek when her sister enters the backyard. She runs ver to her and gives her a huge hug.

Hannah then comes over to give me a hug.

It is nice to see all my family again, it's been so long.

"Where is Parker?" My mom asks me. "I need to meet his mom." She tells me.

I walk with her and lead her to where Parker and Georgia are sitting.

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you, I'm Estella's mom, Sierra." My mom tells me.

"I'm Georgia." Parker's mom says with a smile.

"It is go great to finally meet you." My mom tells her.

"Estella!" My grandmother exclaims before hugging me.

"Hi mom." My mother says before hugging her own mother.

"I cannot believe I am already going to be a great grandmother. I'm getting so old." She complains.

I leave them all to talk because I have so many aunts and cousins to thank for coming.

"Are you doing alright?" I hear from behind me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just weird being the center of attention." I tell my dad.

"Well, everyone here loves you, and we are here for you. All we want is for you to be happy." He tells me.

"Where are we going to put everything?" I ask my dad, looking over at the table flooded beyond capacity with presents.

"We will find space, don't worry." My dad says with a laugh.

"Is everyone only here and getting me all this stuff because they feel bad for me?" I ask my dad.

"Es, everyone here loves and you and supports you. I'm not going to tell you that no one feels bad for you because I don't think that's true. You have been through so much. You are so strong. Even if people feel bad for what you went through, they are still here because they love you and care about you. All anyone here wants is for you to be happy." My dad says.

"Thanks." I reply, giving him a hug.

I can tell this is different than a normal baby shower.

People have no idea what to say to me. Usually one would give a 'congratulations' or an 'I'm so happy for you', but people have no idea what to say to me.