Chapter 22

My mom helps me move around the furniture in my room, making room for the crib she just bought me.

My dad and Eli put it together as my mom and I take care of the decorations.

I wish I could give her her own room, but we don't have an extra room in the house, and I am I no way ready to live on my own.

I end up needing to clear up a huge portion of my room to fit everything I am going to need. Babies need so much stuff.

At this point, I am clearly showing.

I am terrified to actually give birth because of the pain, but I know that it is going to be far more than worth it.

My baby shower is next week, and then after that she will be here before I know it.

My grandfather has been helping me so much and I am beyond appreciative of what he is doing for me.

Parker will be here to meet my parents any minute.

I close my eyes as I hear the car door close and the beep of the car looking.

I stand still until the soft pounding can be heard from the door.

I walk over and open it, revealing Parker standing in the other side.

I give him a hug before welcoming him inside of the house.

"Go away." I demand as I see my brother trying to come down the stairs.

"Hey Parker." Eli greets Parker.

"Hi." He says back.

"Hello, you must be Parker!" My mom says entering the room. "I'm Sierra." She introduces.

"I'm Justin." My dad says, joining my mother.

Every time I see my parents together it just looks odd.

My mom is so short and my dad is so tall.

My mom has such dark hair and dark eyes, but my dad has bright eyes and his hair isn't that dark.

My dad is pale, and my mom is the same color as Parker, as they are both biracial.

"And I'm Isabella!" My little sister jumps in.

"It is so great to finally meet you." My mom tells him.

"You too." He returns.

"Now you two, go." My mom says, referring to Isabella and I.

"What? Why?" I question.

Why can I not be there? It's my boyfriend.

"Estella." She says.

Rather than fighting back, I follow Isabella and go upstairs.

I go into my room to try and stop worrying about what is going on downstairs.

Parker is probably terrified.

It's his first time meeting my parents, and he's all alone.

I am almost 30 weeks along.

I am almost there.

The doctors keep telling me she is going to come early, they keep saying that I am not going to make it to full term, so I'm going to have to be ready to go into labor at anytime, but they don't think it is going to be that soon, but she is going to be at least a month early.

I look at my daughter's half of the room.

My daughter.

In just a few weeks, I'm going to be a mother.

I am going to be a single mom at the age of 18.

The room looks perfect.

My baby shower is next week, so I am going to get quite a bit from people then.

I don't really want to have a baby shower, but all my family insisted.

Sadly, even most of my extended family are aware of the situation and they know exactly what happened to me.

I don't want everyone to bring me gifts and everything, but I also feel bad for putting all this pressure on my parents.

They have been so helpful and supportive.

I already have some decorations up for her side of the room, it looks to cute.

"Are you doing okay?" My dad asks from the doorway, startling me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assure him.

"Are you sure?" He asks me again. "This is a lot, a new boyfriend, and a child on the way, it's a lot at once." He points out.

"I know. I know it's stupid to get a new boyfriend right now, but dad, I have spent so many years of my life miserable, and now I got the opportunity to be with someone to make me happy, I can't pass that up dad. I know it's not the best timing, but I really do think it's what's right." I tell him.

"As long as you know what you are doing, I am happy for you." My dad tells me, giving me a hug.

"Do you have any ideas on what I should name her?" I ask my dad.

"Do you have any ideas yet?" He questions.

"No, I have no idea. And it's so close. It's a big choice, and I want to make sure she has a name that she is going to like. It's a lot of pressure." I say to him.

"Es, having a child is a huge responsibility." My dad tells me as he sits next to me on my bed. "You are shaping the life of another human. It's a lot, especially at your age. But everything is going to be fine. Your mother and I are going to do everything we can to help you, you know that." He reminds me.

"I know, thank you so much dad." I tell him, turning and giving him a hug.

"I love you Estella. And I am proud of you. You have done so well through all of this." He tells me. "But I should probably go see what is going on downstairs. I don't want your poor mother torturing the boy." My dad jokes before leaving me to go downstairs.

Poor Parker.

Luckily my mom is really nice, so she shouldn't be doing too much harm.

She is really easy to get along with and she is really nice.

Luckily, everything seems to be going well. And pretty soon everything is going to change.

Y'all, I suck at remembering to update. If I don't say this before, I got a puppy in July! I lost my boy Bentley in June, he was only 7 😭, Ben Ben was named after the car, so we named this little guy Lincoln after the car ☺️ I love him so much.

I hate school though