Chapter 4

Naomi-

I pulled back my black and gold curtains, letting the warm Toronto sun, light up my room. I had a date with the gym this morning so I quickly slipped on my Roshe Runs before heading to the kitchen.

Grabbing a granola bar and a bottle of water, I searched the counters for my keys. I usually always leave them in the same place so being able to not find them agitated the hell out of me.

"Morning youngin'," Spoons walked in

"What're you doing here?"

He NEVER comes over, well, unless Aubrey needs back up for something, but last time I checked, everything with the 6ix is running smoothly.

"It's nice to see you too," he chuckled, "What you got planned for today?" he grabbed my bottle of water and cracked it open

Rude as fuck.

"Gym with Aysia, and then shopping," I snatched it away from him

"Wassup Spoons? I was just about to call you," Aubrey walked in, "Where are y'all headed to?"

"I'm meeting Aysia at Planet Fitness, have you seen my keys?"

"Yeah, they're up in my room," I brushed past him and jogged up the stairs

Looks like I'm already getting a work out before I even leave the house. As I walked into his room, I heard the door slam behind me, making me jump slightly.

"We need to talk," Aubrey cleared his throat

"Can we do it later, I'm going to be late."

"I didn't give you that option, whenever you leave this house, Spoons is going with you."

"Why?"

"What'd I say about questioning me?"

"Fuck you Aubrey, I don't need his big diesel ass following me around everywhere!"

"Damnit Naomi!" He backed me up against the wall, "I'm getting tired of your disrespectful ass mouth! Have you forgotten who the fuck I am?!"

"I know exactly who you are, a liar, a fake! You slept with her, the fucking enemy?!"

His face softened as he looked at me, full of shame, "Look Naomi-"

"I don't want to hear it," I pushed him off of me, "All I have to say to you is, Karmas a bitch," I slammed the door behind me

I pulled my emotions together as I jogged down the stairs, "Spoons! Drive me to Planet Fitness," I grabbed my water bottle

"Yes ma'am," he followed behind

I can't let him get to me, I'm better than that.

**

After putting in 2 hours at the gym, I was headed off for lunch and shopping with Aysia.

"Who's the big guy?" She eyed Spoons, making me chuckle

"Don't worry about it," I sat down in front of her, and he walked off to find his own table

"So, how are you and Aubrey?"

Ugh, just hearing his name pisses me off, after what Niko told me what went down between him and Aaliyah, I concluded that it's best to fall back. Plus, there's no need to stress over someone who isn't yours.

"We're nothing," I took a sip of my margarita

"Oh really?" She raised her eyebrow, "Did he find out about you and Oliver?"

I choked a little as I felt my cheeks get warm, "Oliver's like my brother."

"Yeah, okay. Well there's someone I want you to meet, since you're single and all."

__________________

AALIYAH-

I slipped on my favorite Toronto Maple Leafs sweatshirt before making my way to Naomi's room. I lightly knocked on the door, making it open up on its own. I wonder where she could be, but this gives me a little time to go through her stuff and see what she's really about.

Not shit most likely.

I pulled open her dresser drawer that was full of pictures. Pictures of her and Aubrey as kids, some with who I'm guessing is her mother, they look exactly alike, I wonder why she hangs on to all this stuff. Underneath the pile of pictures was a gold and black gun, it was cute, but I doubt she can even shoot with it.

I heard the door open, making me rush off into her closet. I looked through the crack to see Aubrey place something on her dresser. He picked up a framed picture of her and gazed at it before setting it down and leaving. Weird.

I waited a couple more seconds before exiting her room,

"Wait were you doing in there?" Mark asked

"I left my Chapstick," I lied, making him shake his head

"If she finds out you were in there, get ready to have your ass beat," he walked off

Like she could kick my ass? Yeah, right.

_____________

AUBREY-

"The fuck do you mean you lost her?!"

"Exactly what I meant, she snuck off with her friend, you know she's hard to keep track of," Spoons sighed, "Just let her do her man."

"Yeah, so Hawk can get a hold of her?" I scoffed

"She's smarter than you give her credit for, she knows how to protect herself."

"Whatever, I'll talk to you later," I hung up and tossed my phone on the bed

It was nearing 10:30 and the house was quiet, which is weird for a Friday night. I jogged down the stairs, headed towards the kitchen when I noticed a shadow slip into Naomi's room. I knocked on the door lightly before pushing it open.

"Glad you made it back safely."

She rolled her eyes at me as she kicked off her shoes, "What do you want?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, "So you snuck away from Spoons huh?" I sat down on the edge of the bed

"What's the real reason you have him following me around? Is there something I don't know?"

"Nah, it's just that Hawk is out, and he's unpredictable."

"Well I'm a big girl, I can hold my own," she said lowly before setting her phone down on the dresser, "What's this?" She picked up a tiny red box, opening it up, she gasped

"Did you buy these?!" She held up a pair of diamond earrings

"Yeah, come here."

She looked down at the 14k earrings as she stood in front of me, "They're cute but, I can't take them," I wrapped my arms around her waist

"Stop, I hate when you pull shit like this."

"Let me take you out tomorrow?"

She sighed before shutting the box and tossing it at me, she's the only person who gets away with giving me this much disrespect, "I have a date, take Aaliyah, now... get out."

She grabbed my wrist, pulling me up from her bed and pushed me towards the door. I could have easily stopped her but the words rang in my head. A date?

"Who you gotta date with?

"Goodnight Aubrey," she shut the door in my face