Chapter 20

Aubrey-

Me going to Toronto? That's not happening. I'd probably be killed before I stepped out of the airplane. I'm a, how do you put it? A very desired man in the 6.

I had to pull J to the side, and somewhat explain why I couldn't go on this trip for his birthday. He understood, but left me with the responsibility of taking care of all the aspects of business while everyone else was gone.

But, he did want me in on the pre-celebration. Which explains why I'm now sitting in the back of Sapphire's, watching everyone throw money at Aysia and Naomi.

Aysia was aware of my presence, and made sure I knew it with every distasteful expression she would give me when we made eye contact. Naomi was too wrapped up in her element to notice anyone one in the crowd, except for her nigga, who was sitting at the bar with a grin on his face.

It's been about three months since we've talked but I've seen her around the city. Not once has she called me, not even a text... This isn't how she usually is, she always comes back.

Clearly, a lot of growing up has been done. And it's the same on my end, I'm just terrible at letting some things go.

"Hey Papi, would like a dance?"

She stood in front of me, making sure I got a good look at her cleavage.

"Yeah, what's your name baby?" I smirked as she straddled me

"Cardi," she said softly as she started to dance for me

For about 10 minutes, it felt like it was only us in here, and I enjoyed every second. I handed her 2 stacks and she blew me a kiss before walking off.

At this point, there was a new pair of girls on the stage, and Rocky was no longer sitting at the bar. I stood up and made my way over, just to find Naomi fighting off some guy who had a tight grip on her arm.

I guess now is the best time to make myself known.

_________

Naomi-

After Aysia and I's performance, we were back at our vanities changing into different outfits and touching up our make up.

She seemed to be in a real sour mood, which was weird because earlier she was so excited for Jermaine's birthday celebration.

"Babe, what's bothering you?" I finally asked

"Aubrey is here and I don't want you guys ruining J's night," she glared at me

"I won't make a scene, Rocky wants me to just chill by the bar anyways," I slipped on a pair of black heels

"Okay," she sighed in relief before hugging me

We both walked out together but then went our separate ways.

I took a seat at the bar and smiled at Zola, who was dancing to the music as she mixed drinks. She sat my favorite drink in front of me,

"Thanks babe," I said before taking a sip from it

She winked at me before tending to the rest of the customers.

"Is this seat taken beautiful?"

I turned to my right to see his pearly white teeth, "Lance!" I wrapped my arms around his neck

"It's nice to see you," he hugged me back

He was definitely a regular in here, although it's been a while since he has come to visit.

"Where have you been?"

"Business trip to Boston, I signed a big deal," he smiled as he rested his hand on my thigh

"Well, congrats, how are you going to celebrate?"

"I'd like to start by you giving me a lap dance."

"Oh, I'm not doing anymore dancing tonight," I said lowly, "But I'm sure Cardi could give you one, want me to go get her for you?"

He jaw clenched, "You're kidding right? You always dance for me."

"I know, I know, but like I said, not tonight."

He roughly grabbed my arm, pulling me up from my seat, "I'm tired of these fucking games," he spat, "I just got off of a flight to come here and see you! Just so you would diss me? I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Hey, get your hands off of her," I looked up to see Aubrey grilling the hell out of Lance

He scoffed as he tightened his grip on my arm and started leading me off into the direction of the private dancing rooms.

Aubrey dropped him in a blink of an eye. Before I could even react, Lance was on the floor, taking punches to the face from Aubrey.

"Stop!" I pulled on the collar of his shirt

He looked up at me before shrugging me off.

So much for not making a scene.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jermaine approaching the situation, Aysia was slowly trailing behind him with a frown on her face.

"J, do something!" I begged

"Ay, Drake, chill out man, you got him aight," he finally pulled him off of Lance

"I'm out of here man," Aubrey mumbled

He began to take off to the exit but I quickly followed behind him.

"Aubrey wait!" I grabbed his wrist, just for him to snatch away from

"Not right now Naomi," he said lowly

"Please Aubrey?"

He gave in, like I knew he would.

Grabbing his hand, I led him to one of the private rooms and shut the door behind  me.

I looked down at my heels and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, making me look up at him

"I'm not mad, I should actually thank you."

"I'm always going to protect you," he wrapped his arms around my waist

I rubbed my fingers across his beard but I had my eyes set on his soft lips.

I could see a smirk form as he inched the closer to mine.

They finally connected, making me moan lowly.

This felt so amazing, but things can't go down like this.

I ended the kiss making him frown.

"I have someone," I said softly

"Fuck that nigga," he chuckled, "But fine, I'll respect it."

"Thanks..."

"Why are you working here?"

"To pay rent, and my student loans."

"Right... You can't tell me that you don't enjoy this job. I've seen you dance a couple of times and you do it for more than just the money."

"I don't need you judging me Aubrey."

"I'm the last to judge, you're a grown ass woman, so what you do is for you."

He's right.

"We should get going."

"Right," he opened the door for me, "That ass," I heard him mumble

"I'll see you around Aubrey," I said quickly as I noticed Rocky making his way towards me

"See you," he walked off

Now I just have to deal with Rakim.