IRL

Chris stood at the door to their house, he couldn't walk in. It's like he couldn't reach out and open the door. He flew all the way here and he couldn't bring himself to walk through that door. He still had no clue what happened between him and Lily. His brain was still hurting from his hangover.

He didn't want to live like this, in fear. He wanted to be back with his family. He wanted to be happy. Hell, he wanted to talk to his wife without arguing five minutes in. It was all so stupid. He couldn't even see his kids tonight because it's one am. He knew Scarlett was still awake. He just knew.

Finally, he took a deep breath and went through his pockets to find his key. Before he could find them to open his door someone already pulled the door open. Scarlett stood before him staring at him.

"What are you doing here Chris?" She asked. She didn't slightly look happy to see him, it torr his heart open.

"I uh... I live here." He said dumbly. Why did he always get so nervous around her? They've been married ten years and she still made him feel at a loss of words.

"I thought you were in London." She only had the door open so she can lookout. She didn't seem like she wanted him in the house.

"I shouldn't have been in London." He admitted. "I should have been here with you. With the kids."

"What did you do?" She asked, her voice lacked all emotion.

"Huh? Oh umm, I don't know-"

"You don't know?" She asked in disbelief. "It's not a fucking difficult question to answer Chris!" She was getting upset. "Did you sleep with her?"

"I don't know"

"How don't you know?!" She cried. "It's not that hard to answer! It's yes or fucking no!" Chris closed his eyes.

"I was drunk. Stayed out way too late. I don't remember when I got back to the hotel, and when I woke up she was in my room, she was wearing my clothes but neither of us remembers-"

"I think you should go."

"What?" He asked, his voice was quiet.

"You heard me. The kids are trying to sleep and you obviously have some things to figure out. We have other houses go stay at one of those." She was leaving no room for arguments and Chris knew that. He didn't want to make things worse and if they kept talking it would only make things worse.

"okay. I will leave you alone. I love you, Scarlett," She had to know that. If she didn't know anything else, she had to know this. "When can we talk?"

"I don't know. You need to find out what happened." She was going to cry, he could tell. He hated himself so much for that.

There were no more words spoken between them. It was quiet. She didn't say she loved him back, they just stared at one another. It wasn't until Scarlett moved away from the door to shut it did his heart truly break. It's never been this bad before, she's never sent him away. And if he was being honest, it was really all his fault. 

Life Update

My hand is starting to feel better, it still hurts but I can tell it's improving. I can now type again with out being in pain, but updates will be slow, and shorter than normal. Hope y'all are doing well! 

Xo Sierrea