IRL

November 27, 2019 

Scarlett watched as her husband was being tailored to his new all-white suit. She had to say it was oddly distracting watching him wear that suit. Especially with his new facial hair which he as, thankfully, decided to grow out. Very incredibly distracting. 

"You know, you could just join me," He teased looking at his wife through the mirror as they made final touches. "Whatever you wear would look so much better than whatever I could wear." 

"I don't know have you looked in a mirror?" She asked. "Besides I have to stay here and take care of our two eight-year-olds and an almost 5-year-old girl. A mother's job never ends." 

"Remember when life was simple and we could do whatever we want whenever we want?" 

"If I remember correctly Chris, you didn't want to do anything, you and your non-exciting life" She smirked. Scarlett was still in her robe and her hair was in a messy bun. "But I do miss it." 

"We should go on vacation." 

"When would we do that? Christmas is next month and we have been home, I have the Oscars (Feb 9th), SAG awards (Jan 19th),  and if I remember correctly you agreed to be my date for the golden globes. ( Jan 5) " 

"How about in March? That way there is NOTHING coming up. Nothing will come up I promise." 

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She smirked. "Now I expect that you will be taking me out on a date later so I can see your movie." 

"What? You won't allow me to see JoJo rabbit!" He said with a frown. "Why don't you let me go and support my wife?" He gave his dresser a look to give them a moment of privacy. 

"Because I know you, you will stand up and clap and then yell 'that's my wife' causing a huge scene." 

"I have only done that once and that was such a long time ago." 

"It was two weeks ago for marriage story," She said giving him a pointed look. "Fine. We can go see it but not until after we go to watch your movie. I have always wondered what it would be like to see you as a bad boy." 

"Are you saying I'm not a bad boy as you put it?" he questioned wrapping his arm around her waist. 

"Oh please Evans, you are the furthest thing from that. You are just my big sweater-wearing dork." She smirked. "But it's okay I like you like that." 

"I'll have you know I have played a bad boy, my character in the red sea diving resort wasn't exactly rainbows and kittens. Also infinity war cap." He smirked now. 

"Yeah well even then this is very different," she said. "So do we have ourselves a deal babe? Or am I going to have to drag Brie to the movies with me? I am sure she will love to see and make fun of you," 

"Fine fine." He sighed. "I will take you. Even take you out to dinner." 

"Wow, babe? Are you trying to get me in bed?" 

"Please you and I know full well that I can get you in bed with or without dinner." He said. "It's part of my loving charm." 

"If that's what you want to call that. Okay so how do I look I have to get going." 

"I think you look very stunning." She smirked. "I can't wait to have you home in my arms." 

"Well, then I will take that as a very good thing. I will see you later tonight?" 

"Yes of course. I love you." She smiled leaning up to kiss her lips. 

"I love you more," He said. "Don't have too much fun without me." 

"Wouldn't dream about it. Now go out there and be your handsome self. Good luck." He walked to the door and before leaving he gave her his genuine dorky smile that made her swoon. She loved him so much, and couldn't wait to have him home and have her way with him. 

God when her life become so perfect? 

Do you know what I just realized? In this book, Chris and Scarlett got married in Sept 2010, which means 'next year' is there ten year anniversary! Wow crazy.