IRL

"Scott you really don't have to fly with me all the way back to New York," Scarlett said as she handed bags to him to load into Chris's father's car. She was going back to New York. After seeing the articles on Chris spending time with another woman she attempted calling him, she was sent to voice mail each and every time. Being around his family seems awkward now. 

They all knew what Chris was doing in London and she really didn't want to keep walking into a room where they would get silent all of a sudden, she didn't want pitiful conversations. She didn't want the many desserts his mom made for her as if apologizing for her son. No, she needed to go home. It appears as Scott had different ideas.

"Nonsense." He said. "What kind of brother-in-law would I be if I let you go all the way back to New York with three kids? Besides I need to get out of the house before I get fat." 

"I know what you're doing Scott." She sighed. "I am going to be fine. I promise." 

"See I know that, and that's not what I'm worried about." He said. "Scarlett I need you to know my brother cares about you so much, I've never seen him act this way with anyone. I don't know what he's doing right now, but I can assure you it doesn't have to do with you." She wanted to laugh. Laugh so fucking much. 

This all had to be one stupid messed up joke. After everything they have been through together, she never really thought they could end up fighting like this again. Air tense, space between them in bed, million miles away. She loved him. There was no doubt in her mind about how she felt about her husband, however, she wasn't sure how her husband felt anymore. For the first time, she really felt like he was falling out of love with her. 

"Remember in 2014, when all the cheating rumors were everywhere?" Scott nodded his head as she spoke softly to him. "He told everyone that I was no the person to cheat. I never thought he would be. I still don't think he is... I guess the fact of the matter is I love him. I love him with everything I am. But some times love just isn't enough Scott." 

"I refuse to believe that." 

"You were always infuratiing optimistic." She laughed. "Scott I love your brother, I don't think anything will change that. I just... I don't think he feels the same anymore." 

"You can't be sure of that!" 

"I used to get this feeling whenever he's around. My heart would almost jump, I would relax. I don't feel like that anymore. We fight now, it's hard." 

"Do you see any chance of working things out with him?" 

"In all honesty?" She asked. "I don't know. Not when he's out running around with some girl in London. Not when I have to explain to our six year old daughter where daddy is. Not when my son asks me why I was crying. I don't want to be weak in front of them scott but he's really pushing me into a corner here." 

"I can see that." He sighed. "I am going to be here for you though Scarlett. I don't want you to go through any of this alone." 

"You're too good for me." She sighed. "Thank you." 

"Hey no problem. Come on, let's get these kids to New York." Scarlett can feel her husband pulling away, but it was good to know she had one of the best support groups a girl could ask for. And right now, that meant the world to her. 

|~| 

Chris sat in his hotel room silently cursing himself as he ignored yet another one of Scarlett's phone calls. He fell back on his bed, his arm over his forehead. He couldn't breathe. Everything was falling apart. For real this time, and he was doing nothing to stop it. 

He wasn't rushing back home, he wasn't answering her calls, he wasn't on his knees in front of his wife begging for his wife's forgiveness, instead he was here, in London, digging himself a bigger hole. 
"Chris are you okay?" Lily's voice rang out into his hotel room. Chris sat up, reaching for a shirt to pull over his head before she walked in. 

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." He didn't remember giving her key but then again he got pretty drunk last night. He had gone out once again with the cast of Little Shops of Horrors, they went to a bar and let's just say he doesn't remember returning to the hotel. Hell he just woke up, hearing Lily's voice kind of freaked him out. 

She walked into his room, and Chris could have sworn his heart dropped. Standing before him wearing one of his shirts, and shorts was Lily. She smiled kindly at him. Her hair was in a messy bun. She took a seat beside him, her hand went to his arm squeezing it gently. 

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem a bit off?" Chris didn't understand why he wasn't panicking, it's like soemthing inside of him was telling him everything was okay. 

"What happened last night?" He asked. 

"I don't remember," She admitted. "We were both pretty drunk." She was being completly honest, she had no clue how she had gotten in his hotel either or why she was wearing his clothes. Chris knew one thing was for sure, his wife looked so much better when she stole his clothes to wear. 

"Did we... ummm did we?" He couldn't get the words out. 

"If I am being honest with you Chris, I have no fucking clue." 

"Well that's just shit." Yeah so much for not freaking out. He was going to pass out. Chris thought of all the possible outcomes of what will happen in the future if he and Lily did do something. None of them were good. He was scared. But he did know one thing was for sure, he had to go home right now.