Text Message

Messages between 'Downey' and 'Christopher' 

Downey 
Are you really divorcing Scarlett? 
Sent at 7:30 Pm 

Christopher
No. Why would you think that? She's the love of my life.
Sent at 7:34 Pm 

Downey 
Then why are you on the other side of the country? 
Sent at 7:35 PM

Christopher
Because I am trying to find myself.
Sent at 7:40 Pm  

Downey
What the hell does that mean? Trying to find yourself? That's just stupid. 
Sent at 7:43 Pm 

Christopher 
You wouldn't understand I just feel so lost I don't know what to do. 
Sent at 7:46 PM

Downey
Chris. I've been there I know what you are feeling, except I felt it ten times worse. The only thing that pulled me out of that was Susan. Scarlett can do the same for you. 
Sent at 7:50 Pm 

Christopher
It's just been hard lately. I hate this whole being in the spotlight thing, but I find the need to stay connected to my roots.
Sent at 7:55 Pm  

Downey 
I know, but Chris you have to understand you aren't just thinking for yourself anymore. You have a wife and two kids who need their father around. Don't do something you'll regret in the future. You say you love Scarlett, if that's true she can help you. She wants to help you. 
Sent at 8:00 PM

Christopher 
She's mad at me.
Sent at 8:02 PM 

Downey
Because you aren't with her. And we all know damn well this little journey away from home isn't to find yourself. What's going on? 
Sent at 8:05 Pm 

Christopher 
I was walking offset a while back and the paparazzi were there. They were taking a lot of pictures and just flashing cameras in my face. I couldn't breathe so I got to the closest building I could find. Found a bathroom and I just couldn't breath
Sent at 8:16 Pm 

Christopher
I've never felt so helpless before. I needed to pick up my kids and I couldn't. I couldn't do the simplest thing in the world. I felt useless. I guess after that my mind got...it all got into my head. I started feeling unsure of everything. Even with Scarlett. 
Sent at 8:22 Pm 

Downey
Chris, I didn't know this was happening. How long has it been going on? 
Sent at 8:23 Pm

Christopher
I've had anxiety my entire life, Scarlett knows, she would let me draw on her hand during interviews back during the nanny diaries. But I thought it went away. I haven't had a panic attack in years. 
Sent at 8:24 Pm 

Downey
You need to tell Scarlett. She needs to know Chris. 
Sent at 8:26 Pm 

Christopher 
I know. I just haven't come up with a way of doing it. I don't want her to worry.
Sent at 2:28 Pm 

Downey 
Listen man, I'm here for you but I think the only one who can help you is Scarlett. You need to be honest with her. 
Sent at 2:30 Pm 

Christopher 
Thanks, Downey I think I really needed this. I will come up with a way of telling her. I'm already catching the next flight home tomorrow morning. I'll catch on her at set. Thank you again. 
Sent at 2:32 Pm 

Downey
Anytime. Next this happens to give me a call.
Sent at 3:32

Christopher
Of course
Sent at 3:38 Pm 

This Chapter also serves as social awareness of anxiety

This Chapter also serves as social awareness of anxiety. I have social anxiety and so many people, such as Chris, have publicly spoken of what it means to have anxiety and it's incredibly important more people understand. 

Most people don't understand that anxiety for everyone is different and in most cases, your brain isn't aware of it, it happens more in the body. For me I start pulling at my ear, it's like a little tell that I'm anxious, but it's different for everyone. I am just speaking on personal examples. 

Being around people, people who expect so much can often cause my anxiety to heighten, which is probably why I am home so often, I just don't feel confident in large groups. It's important more people understand anxiety because now it seems like it's almost a trend to have anxiety or depression, and a lot of people are just mocking it when in reality a lot of people are having a lot of trouble and a constant battle with their mind. It sucks and it's not trendy. Just remember to be courteous to others and not mock something so serious. 

I love you all!  Remember to be kind! Update as soon as possible