IRL

I just wanna be clear I am in no way hating on Lily James. I think she's a fantastic actress, and she seems really sweet, and if she makes Chris happy, even if it breaks my shipper's heart, then good for her. Her arch in my story will get a bit bad, but I don't want in any way for it to seem like I am hating on her. 

Chris was no in the right mindset to be traveling. He was angry and upset. This wasn't just about the differences in parenting techniques. Scarlett and he haven't gotten along recently, they've been arguing over everything, and he couldn't really understand why.

He loved her, that much was obvious. He knew he would never love anyone else, but it was just so hard right now. They weren't on the same page. It's never been like this before. It's always been so simple between them.

Well, simple was a strong word. They had always been able to understand and work out their issues. Apparently that wasn't the case this time.

He arrived in London with a sigh. He remembered taking a trip with Scarlett when they were younger in London. They had a great time, it was before they had kids, and everything just seemed so simple. They just began during that trip, and he knew that he'd never have to be with anyone else.

Which is why this was so hard being away from her and not being able to call her. She was angry and upset with him, even if he wanted to apologize, which he did, he'd have to wait until he got home because it would be more personal, she could actually look at him and see the regret in his eyes.

But he couldn't change any of that right now, he had to focus on work so his trip up here wasn't that useless.

When he arrived at his hotel he sat on his bed with a sigh. It was a nice hotel, one of those fancy ones you see in the movies, his manger really went all out this time. He got a call from the director of the film inviting him over for dinner to meet his co-star, so he got ready to ready and then headed downstairs to catch a cab.

"Chris?" He stopped at the sound of someone saying his name. He didn't recognize the voice but assumed it was someone who either worked on the movie or maybe even a fan. It was still odd getting recognized in public.

"Yes? Do I know you?" He said turning to the woman. She was a tall blonde woman, taller then Scarlett by at least four or five inches, she looked oddly familiar.

"Oh no, we haven't actually had the pleasure of meeting yet. I um... I am Lily. Lily James. We are going to be working together."

"Oh really? I am sorry I haven't had a chance yet to go over the cast list. It's really nice to meet you, Lily."

"The pleasure is all mine. I am a huge fan of your movies."

"Thank you. What have you been in? Sorry, I am not really one to sit and watch a lot of movies. I have three kids, it keeps you on your feet."

"I bet. I have been in mama mia and Cinderella. Those are probably my most notable movies." She said.

"The live-action one right? Yeah, my daughter loves that movie. I think my wife was accidentally put on the cover for one of the DVD's." He laughed remembering the video a fan posted where Scarlett was accidentally placed on the cover. ( this is actually true,)

"Well, it's an honor to have been mistaken for her." She laughed. "Are you going to meet with Greg too?" that would be the director of the movie.

"Yeah, he invited me to dinner." He smiled. "Wanna take the cab with me? Save us both some time and money."

"Really? Yeah, that would be great." Chris gave her a smile and motioned for her to go ahead of him. Lily looked back at him and smiled, causing him to smile as well. He stopped at that. Why was he smiling? He just met the girl. He didn't know how long he stopped for but when he looked up LIly was out the door and he could hear paparazzi's calling her name.

He snapped out of whatever trance he was in before walking out as well. Whatever the hell was wrong with him at the moment he had to get it out of his head. He was a married man for crying out loud. He shook his head and walked out. Tonight would be over soon, and he would be home making it up to his wife in no time.

|~|

Later that night and countless drinks later, Chris was escorting Lily back to the hotel, once again sharing a cab. They were laughing over something that happened over dinner, and Chris couldn't remember the last time he laughed so hard without his family present.

"Tonight was great," Chris admitted to her as the car pulled into the hotel area.

"It was great, oh my face hurts from smiling too much," She laughed.

"Too bad it has to end," Chris said, once again the problems of his marriage flooding his mind.

"Who says it has to? Wanna go up and hang out?" Chris watched as Lily looked at him with a smile on her face. They were both beyond drunk at this point, it wouldn't be smart for him to go up with her.

"Umm, no I better call my brother, I forgot to text him when I landed, he's probably upset with me." Not why he needed to call Scott but he felt as if it was a good enough lie.

"Okay, yeah no problem." She seemed a bit disappointed and Chris felt bad.

"Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? I don't really have anything on my calendar after our meeting with the producers." Chris didn't know what compelled him to ask, but Lily was fun to hang out with, and he needed a friend right now. Someone to vent to.

"Sure, yeah that sounds great." She smiled. "Looks like we are here," She said before things got awkward. She stepped out and Chris followed right behind her. They ignored the paparazzi's and their questions, not knowing the amount of chaos that would be coming their way when they wake up that next day.