Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Today Devil was determined to annoy the old lady. Leah. Nick and herself had even planned it. Who was Leah to punish them. Devil had been at the Hotel for years more than Leah, she should have more authority over that Hera worshiper.

As we walked into the food hall for lunch Nick sat in his usual spot but Devil sat next to Sarah taking Maxina's spot. Maxina was chatting away with Sarah and Natasha sitting in the seat Devil wanted to sit in. Devil grabbed the back of the chair and pulled it out so she fell on her ass.

"Move," devil growled.

Maxina looked up at Devil and screamed. "I'm sorry fiery horror," She ran out of the food hall and Devil calmly sat down as if nothing happened. Sarah and Natasha shot her a disapproving glance but went back to talking. Seeing Maxina run and scream didn't bother Leah too much as Devil had expected.

Nicoletta started "Devil it's not very nice t-"

Devil cut her off and ran her fingers through her short hair "Beautiful isn't it, I understand your jealousy," she said trying to sound like Maxina. Nicoletta rolled her eyes and got up to go talk to someone else. What a priss, Maxina was designed to be messed with.

Noah gave Devil a questioning look from across the room. "What are you planning?" he mouthed.

She blew him a kiss and mouthed "you'll find out."

He rolled his eyes.

Leah was speaking to Ella and when she looked away Devil slipped her arms under the table and pulled it out of her pocket. It was a self-inflating beach ball that she stole from Harry this morning.

Devil pressed the button on the side and it started to inflate. Sarah raised an eyebrow at Devil hearing the hissing sound of the air. Devil quickly chucked it across the room to Nick. He hit it back to her. The whole of the food hall watched it soar through the air. A massive smile spread across my face. This is sure to annoy Leah, she loved keeping the food hall so sensible. Devil hit the ball but it didn't exactly go to plan. Instead of soaring through the air back to Nick it went towards Vanessa whose back was turned talking to Cleo. She turned around as the ball was getting closer to her. Shit Devil thought she was going to be seriously mad, Vanessa was not the playful time and would make her duty to make Devil suffer.

Then Vanessa did something unexpected. She hit the ball. Devil looked at her in amazement. Another one of the myths hit it but Devil was too busy looking at Vanessa, dumbfounded.

Vanessa smiled baring fangs at Devil "Don't aim for me ok?"

Well she's not that mad then.... Close one though. She must be in a good mood for some reason. Then there was a crashing sound the ball had knocked a bunch of plates onto the ground. This got Leah's attention.

"Who did this?" Leah rose from her chair.

Everyone looked at Devil. Thanks guys.

Leah glared at her but Devil just smiled "Would you like me to remove that pole from your ass or do you just enjoy the taste of it?"

Leah stormed over to her "Devil."

She reached out to grab Devil's shirt but Devil swatted her hand away, "Chill out, we have those spirits that clean the place. Get off your fucking high horse."

Then Devil left the room.

***

It was late at night and James and Iris were sitting together on the roof of the Hotel watching the stars. Out here no one could find them. Everyone else was still inside the Hotel. Most of them asleep. Iris hugged her legs and leant on James' shoulder. From outside the hotel looks like a normal house but inside it's huge. It's very magical. Although She was hated by many of the members she could still call it a home. Iris belonged within it's walls just as much as anyone else does and she refused to leave it. At least not yet. She loved James too and she knew he was not safe in the Hotel which was created to house those who were fighting against the vampires. Iris had to protect him too. So maybe if it gets too bad she might have to leave this place. As much as she didn't want to.