Chapter 20

Elsa and I look at each other.
"So.. You love me?" I ask Elsa.
"And you love me?" She asks me
We both smile. "I do." We both say at the same time. Then I put my hand on her cheek and pull her face to me.
"I love you Elsa."
"I love you too Jack. More than anything."
We kiss, her hands on my shoulders and my arm around her.
Then we just look at each other. She chuckles.
"What?" I ask her
I just realized.. that connection.. it was already there when I gave you my headphone. We.. really have loved each other since then."

"I think I fell in love with you even before that. When I read your mind. I already knew you were special.. But.. I actually didn't know I loved you until we met up at my house and went to the park. That's when I realised that you're more than a friend to me.. That I don't just like you."
She smiles softly and replies
"Same for me. You're really sweet you know? And funny. Remember cooking together? And your obsession with peanut butter.." We both laugh.
"And you give the best hugs." She then adds.

I hold my arms out for her and smile

"You're too cute for this world, you know. Come here."
She smiles back and falls into my arms.
We hug for some time.

"It's crazy. You and me. Guardians. But it's the kinda crazy I expected. I knew there was something special about us." Elsa says.
"Yeah. But I'm so happy that you and I can do this together. And now we still have some time to do this relationship thing humans do.. go on dates and stuff?"
She chuckles in my arms. "Can't wait."

Then she suddenly shrugs.
"Oh! We have school tomorrow."
We pull out of the hug.
"I have to get back or my aunt.. "
I nod and say
"Yeah, let's get down from here!" We both climb down.

"You'll have to teach me to climb sometime! And all the other sports too!" I tell her laughing.
"I'd love to!" She says.
"But watching some movies and cooking together would be great too! And maybe you can recommend me the best books you've read? I've actually got many at home, I could give you some of them!"
"That would be great!" We both walk to the front of my house.

"Well you better get back home.. We both should sleep at least a little bit." I tell her.
"I don't know if I'll be able to after everything that happened now, I'm just too excited!" she replies.
"Me too." I tell her and we hug.
"But if I can get some sleep I know who I'll be dreaming of." Elsa tells me.
I chuckle. She's too good for this world.. She's a guardian after all, just like me.
I kiss her on her forehead.

"And I bet the newest guardian will be in my dreams

"And I bet the newest guardian will be in my dreams."
We both smile at each other and then look up at the moon.

"Goodnight Jack. Sleep well." Elsa tells me.
"Goodnight to you too, we'll see each other at school!" I wave goodbye as she walks away.

It's like an even better dream than I could've ever imagined coming true.
Of course, we'll have to work as guardians, it won't always be easy. We also won't have much contact with humans anymore. But with her by my side everything will be amazing.