Chapter 16

Today's the day. Today I'll tell Elsa about my mind reading abilities. And maybe even about the man in the moon but the mind reading part has to come first.
It's Friday and we planned to meet up after school. At my place again, who knows if I'll ever get to see hers because her aunt.. She still doesn't know about me.
We walked to my home together after class.
Now we're at my home.

"Time for lunch! Or more like brunch, don't you think?" I ask Elsa.
"Yes that sounds perfect! And how about we watch a movie while eating? I'd really enjoy that! Afterwards we have some time but I've got to be home for dinner.."
"Right, Anna and your aunt are out to go shopping you told me. They'll be back by then."
She nods and then asks
"So what's for brunch?"

"I can offer either some vegetable stir fry or oats, I'm out of bread unfortunately."
"Then I'll take one vegetable stir fry please." She says, as if she's ordering in a restaurant.
"Coming right up.. How spicy?"
"Go all in but not so much that I won't be able to finish it." She tells me.
I turn around but then turn back to her.
"Actually this is a self serving restaurant. Not just self serving but also self cooking. Like that you can choose what goes into your dish yourself, incredible isn't it? So get your knives ready to chop and your pan heated up to cook!" I speak with a deep, excited voice, like some chef would maybe do.

We look at each other for a short time and then burst out laughing.
"You'd make a great chef Jack, I already see you working in a restaurant in front of me! A self serving and self cooking restaurant of course!" We continue laughing as I tell her.
"Oh thank you, you can be my favourite customer then."

After a short time we stop laughing

I hear my stomach rumbling.
"Looks like it's time to really cook." I tell Elsa as I get the vegetables ready.
"Well, hand me a knife please." She tells me and gets herself a cutting board. We both chop up vegetables and then I throw all of them into the pan.

"Would you want a peanut butter sauce with it? I know how to make one!" Elsa tells me
"You know me too well, Id love that! Just tell me what I can get you!"
"Peanut butter obviously, a lemon, ginger, soy sauce and a little pepper. That's all. Pretty simple but I really like it!"
I get her the things and she puts them in a bowl to whisk them together. She's so cute when she's enthusiastic like she is right now.
"Everything ok?" Elsa asks as she notices me staring at her.
"Yeah.. You're just.. doing such a great job! Maybe you could be my first assistant in restaurant!" We both laugh and I turn around to look at the vegetables.
"I think our vegetables are all done!" I tell Elsa. "The sauce is too!" She tells me. I get us plates and we both take half of each, veggetables and sauce.

"So what movie are we watching?" I ask Elsa.
"Well I thought maybe.. do you want an animated or realistic one?"
"I think I'd like both, if you have a particular movie in mind we can just watch that."
"I do have one actually."
We both sit down, she gets out her laptop and puts on the movie. We start watching and eating.

I'll have to do the telling about the mind reading step later, when she has my full attention. When it feels like it's the right time. I think to myself. But for now I'll just enjoy this movie and her being beside me.