Chapter 11

"Well, three options just tell me which one you'd like the most. Bread with something, cereal or oats, we could make them chocolate, apple or berry flavoured. If you don't like sweet breakfast that much we could also do a vegetable stir fry, I have mushrooms and other stuff.."
"I see. You enjoy making your own food, don't you?"

"Yeah, cooking is a lot of fun when you have the time to do it. Do you cook often at home?"
"Yeah, my aunt always makes dinner for all of us but Anna and I have to make our lunch for ourselves, on the weekends Anna and I cook as well, not together, she does it on Saturday and I on Sunday."
I nod and ask her
"So what's it gonna be for breakfast?"

"I actually like all of the options but today I'm feeling like having a bigger breakfast, if that's fine with you we could have bread and oats. Do you have something savoury to put on the bread?"
"Yeah, how about avocados? Like when we got those sandwiches, remember?"
"Of course, I'd love that!"
"Well then let's prepare everything!" I tell her excitedly, getting the food ready.
"I'll cook the oats if that's fine with you" Elsa tells me.
"Then I'll cut the bread and toast it!"

We both do the cooking and talk about different techniques we know about it.
It's a lot of fun, more fun than I already have on my own.
"Ok, the bread and guacamole are ready! How about the oats?"
"All done, we just have to flavour them, you said you had berries, apples or cocoa powder right?"
"Yeah, so what do you want."
"Hmmh.." She puts a finger on her chin and furrows her eyebrows. She looks really cute when she does that..

"Jack?" Oh no I'm staring.. I got lost in thoughts.
"Sorry I.. I was thinking about something, what did you say?"
She chuckles. Phew.
"I said I'd go with the berry option, do you have peanut butter?"
"Yes I actually bought about 10 jars on the weekend because.... I just love it too much, I mean it goes with sweet and savoury, with almost anything!!"
"I love peanut butter too but I think you might be the biggest peanut butter lover I ever met" she says as she laughs.
"What flavour do you want?"
"I'll go with.. chocolate! But I'll also put peanut butter on it." I tell her as I smile.
"Of course." She smiles back and I get the berries and peanut butter.

We eat our breakfast while sitting at my kitchen table, talking about anything that comes to our minds

We eat our breakfast while sitting at my kitchen table, talking about anything that comes to our minds. Surprisingly, it feels like we could never run out of things to say. Sometimes there are little breaks, where we both don't say anything. But those breaks don't make me feel uncomfortable, no, they feel relaxing. I just enjoy that I'm sitting with her. And eating some great food.
"Jack I was wondering.. You don't have to tell me anything, I know you said your family is gone but.. if there's anything you'd like to tell me about them or any memories Id be very interested."

We just talked about how she celebrates Christmas with her family.. It's only natural she'd think about how I could celebrate it without any family.
Oh man, what do I tell her? I can't tell her about man in moon, not without asking him right? But I can't lie to her as well.. I don't have a family.. But I can't say that. I also can't say I have one.. Is the man in moon my family? I ask myself... What do I tell her.. Should I read her mind to make sure I don't say anything wrong? No, I won't. That's what I told myself. Should I tell her I don't want to talk about it? Then she might think I don't trust her.. What do I do?

"Don't worry Jack.. Everything's fine. Have you ever played any instrument?" Elsa asks. Oh no.. I must've been silent for quite a while. But she just assumed I don't want to talk about it.. or maybe that I don't know anything about it. She was kind enough to just switch the topic. I look at her with a thankful look. Hopefully she sees that I'm thankful she switched the topic.
I answer her question "No I haven't. But I really like the piano or the guitar. All instruments can be fascinating. Have you played one?"

"Yeah, the piano, for a few years. I really liked it.. But then I'd focus on drawing more and left that behind. I don't regret doing that though, drawing makes me feel.. really good because I can express what I'm thinking about."
"I see. Music can do that too." I tell her, saying my thoughts out loud.
"Yeah but I can do it better through drawing. It just connects with what is in my heart more. When you think about something, only you know what's going through your mind. For example I don't know how you think or what your thinking about now. But if you had an idea and drew it that could show how you think about something you know?"
"Yeah. It's beautiful that you can do that. Use your drawings to show your thoughts. "

She has the same thoughts I had when I thought about my ability to read minds.. funny. "Thank you. Im glad I can talk to you about things like that. Philosophical
stuff."
"Anytime." I tell her.
She chuckles. I smile as I finish my bowl of oats.
"That was really good. I'm stuffed." Elsa tells me.
"Yeah definitely. Cooking with you was lots of fun."
"For me too, definitely." She tells me.
We stand up and take our dishes to the sink.

Then she asks. "What do we do now?"
"You wanna go outside for a while?" I ask looking down at her. We're standing so close to each other.. Her eyes sparkle with excitement.
"Yeah let's go!" She tells me.
I see that she reaches out for my arm but then in the middle of the movememt she seems to realize what she was about to do and clearly nervous grabs a glass beside me.

She looks down and says
"I'll uhm.. drink something first though."
I look at her in surprise. She.. wanted to grab my arm. Then she likes me right? Then I look to the glasses.
"Me too." I say as I grab one and fill it with water just like she did.
She got nervous. Because.. Because she feared I wouldn't like her? Because she doesn't know if it would've been weird?
That's.. really cute. I should give her a sign I like her. But nothing too crazy, she was being careful so I should be that too. But I can't have her fear I don't like her.. more than just as a friend.

I put my glass down and smile at her. I feel my heart beating faster.
She lifts her eyes from looking at the glass to looking at me and smiles as well.
"Well let's go!" I tell her and start walking towards the front door, Elsa walks beside me, and I think about where we could go and what I could do to show my affection for her.