Chapter 12

Elsa and I are sitting on a bench in the park. How we ended up here? First we walked a little in the forest near my house, we saw a squirrel and talked about our favourite animals. Hers are cats, which I said fit to her and mine are raccoons.
Afterwards we saw the park and agreed to just go there. We talked about school and Elsa told me about her gradeschool years. There she saw Anna because they were in the same school, not the same class though, because Anna is 3 years younger than Elsa.
Now we're here, sitting on a bench and watching the lake. Ducks swim on it and a few other people are sitting or walking by.

I tell Elsa "My favourite subject is English. But I also like physics. It's quite interesting, how everything in the universe somehow works together and physics tries to explain that.. And I like English because of the books I read, I like how you can express so many things in so many different ways through it." She nods
"Makes sense. That's also why I like art so much"
"Yeah." Her favourite subjects are art and maths, she tells me. she's really good at maths, logical thinking seems to be one of her strengths to me, from the way she thinks in general.

Afterwards Elsa and I just sit there in silence.. I love that we can just do that. I still haven't done anything to show that I like her.. I somehow have to do something right? Putting an arm around her.. that would be possible.. but maybe too much? Telling her I like you.. She could think just as a friend or she may not know what to say at all.
I look down at my hand. Hers is just a few inches apart. You can do this Jack. You want her to know you like her.

I take her hand in mine. As we touch I feel it again. That connection. I had forgotten that I felt it last time when she gave me her headphone but in that moment I remembered. I didn't imagine it. I feel it. I look at our hands. I notice my cheeks getting warm. Then Elsas fingers wrap around my hand.

I pull myself together and look up into her face. She's blushing but she smiles at me. Her eyes smile as well. I could stare at her forever I think. The shape of her face, her nose, her mouth, her chin, her cheeks, her forehead, her eyes and eyebrows. It's all fascinating. But even more fascinating is what's in her heart.
We look into each other's eyes for around 5 seconds, then she turns her head to look at the lake, I let my eyes rest on her for a few more seconds then I do the same.

After a few seconds she gets closer to me.. I'm surprised as I feel her head resting on my shoulder. She does like me. After a moment of realization I lean my head against hers. I feel her hair on my cheek.. I could stay like this forever. I haven't felt this happy before. I smile looking at our hands, now laying on my thigh. Then I close my eyes and try to take this moment in. I'll never forget this, I tell myself.

After a few minutes Elsa asks"Hey I really enjoy this

"Hey I really enjoy this. In fact I feel happier right now than I ever have.. But if you want still to watch a movie we should get going to your house.."
"But this is so comfortable.." I tell her and hear her laugh
"I know.."
"But you're right.. As much as I'd love to stay like this is also love to watch a movie.. Ok let's go." Slowly I put my head away from hers and we both just look at each other for a short time, smiling. Knowing that the other one likes us. That they make us happy.
"Let's go." Elsa stands up and starts walking, I follow her.

On the way home we talk again, but I feel how she's less nervous than before. I didn't realize that she was that nervous but now that I hear the way she talks I realize it. I probably was nervous as well.
We arrive at my house and go into the living room.
"I'll get my laptop!" Elsa tells me, excited like a child.
I laugh, she's too cute.
"Ok since I chose what we had for breakfast it's your turn now to choose a movie to watch, here I have 3 options you can choose one."