Chapter 7

A few days have passed. It's time for me to talk to the man in moon again. I've talked to Elsa over the last few days, some breaks we'd sit together and others we'd spend on our own. At first many people looked at us, but most of them didn't really care about it anymore when they saw us the second time. They had enough to worry about in their own lives, why would they care about some other person finally talking to someone else?

That's what I learned from reading some of their minds. I still haven't read Elsas mind again. I want to ask the man in moon if its necessary. Maybe I already found her - then I don't need to do it anymore right? But what if I haven't. I'll find out in about 2 hours what I can do.

I just finished doing the dishes when I look at the different cds laying on my bed. I've bought all of them from different stores. Yesterday, Saturday, I went shopping, but really I only bought cds and food. I don't have enough money for one of those phones or laptops. Besides, Elsa promised me to watch a movie with her since I haven't done that yet. It might kind of ruin that first experience with something like that if I had a laptop or phone already..

However, I saw a CD of the artist Elsa told me about.. Sleeping at Last. It's my favourite CD of all the ones I bought. not necessarily because Elsa recommended them, that's a bonus for sure but it really gets to me. It's just my kind of music. And it really fits to Elsa too.

When I'm done with my mission, what will happen then? Man in moon knows but last time I checked he can't tell me.. Will I ever get to come to earth again? Am I even a human when I'm not here? Is earth the only place man in moon watches over? It would make sense since this is the only moon for this world.. Will I ever get to see Elsa again? Or listen to some music? Or read a good book? Humans certainly live interesting lives. I would really enjoy feeling what having a family must be like.. I have to talk to man in moon. But it looks like I still have to wait a bit. I guess I'll clean this house up, all the books and cds spread across the rooms don't look very appealing.

It's time! I'll get some answers! At least I hope that'll be the case, I think as I climb up the tree once again.
"Man in moon? Are you there?"
"Good evening Jack. How was your second week at school?"
"Great! I really mean it! Not the school itself but.. I met someone. We even met up after school. And.. until now she's most likely the person your'e looking for."
"What makes you think that?"
"Well.. She's really kind and nice, she's able to see the good in any situation. She's also peaceful and what did you say her heart should be like? Pure. Yeah she seems to be like that to me."

"That's good to hear but.. you aren't completely sure are you Jack?"
"I haven't met everyone at school man in moon. But I don't really want to. I read many people's minds and.. they all carry these negative things with them. I don't see why I should keep on looking when I might.. Not just might but very probably might have found the right person. She's special. Just like you said last week. Really special." I smile and I find myself looking at the stars.

"Have you read her mind?"
"I have.. Twice. And I could only see good, pure and mostly happy thoughts. No putting down others or hate. That's what I've seen with most other people."
"That's sounds promising. Jack.. I trust you but have to ask you. Do you think any of the feelings you have for her influence your perception? Is what you think really what she's like or is it just your head brightening up what you've perceived about her?"
"Man in moon I promise that this is what she truly is like."

"I see. If.. if you really think she could be the one there has to be some meaning behind it. I advise you to get to know her more. Only then you'll see if she's the one were looking for. The person can only be found when they completely trust you."
"Me getting to know her further doesn't require any more mind reading, right? I admit I feel bad whenever I want to do it with her. Thoughts are the only thing a human completely has for themselves so me seeing them feels like it's wrong."
"You can definitely get to know her without mind reading, but keep in mind it can make things easier. I'm proud of the responsibility you've taken with he power I gave you. I can sense that you've changed. I don't know if its because of her.. Jack, do you have feelings for that girl?"

"Uhm.. I.. I.. Well.. She .."
"I'm just joking, Jack. But if you have any questions because of her feel free to ask them. Just make sure not to confront her with anything from the mission. And the good thing about the mind reading but also getting to know the person youre looking for is that when the person completely trusts you, they'll believe you. Then she'd understand why you read her mind and she won't get angry at you. At least when you think the way you told me you think about mind reading when you tell her about it."

"Uh.. Uh.. when I think.. ah yes, I understand, man in moon. Thanks for your advice. I.. I really believe it could be her. I'll gladly get to know her better the next week."
"I hope so. Until then Jack, goodnight once again."
"Nighty night!" I reply as I climb down the tree.

Now into bed! Tomorrow is going to be a big day. I'm gonna see her again. I'll learn another thing about the way she sees things, how she behaves in different situations and maybe even what she thinks of me. I cant wait. I look at the moon once again. Big and bright. Just like the hope I feel inside of me. Who would've thought what the whole journey to this world could hold? Well enough philosphing, let's sleep already, I tell myself as I turn off every light and fall into bed.