Chapter 19

I stare at the moon. Come on. Please. We both wait patiently. Well, rather impatiently when it comes to me.
Then.
"Elsa."
It's man in moon. He has heard her.
"Can you hear me?" He asks her
I look at her. She looks amazed and surprised at the moon.
"I hear you."
I sit there and watch her talk to him.. I can't really take in what they're saying. I'm too overwhelmed. It's her. I found her. The realization hits me now. Yes, I really believed it would be her but I never thought it really through. I found the girl with the purest heart. I found her. And above all, she really likes me.. She completely trusts me.

"Jack?" I hear Elsa say, she puts a hand on my shoulder and smiles.
"Sorry I got lost in thoughts.. This whole situation is so overwhelming. But in the best way possible." I smile back at her.
"You really brought her to me, Jack, your mission was successful." I hear man in moon say.
"Elsa and I just talked about how I put you here. Are you both ready to hear what I have planned for both of you?"
We look at each other and nod.
"Yes." We say together.

"Jack, before you came here you were a guardian. Until now I've chosen 4, you were the 5th one. We guardians watch over the light in the world. We make sure the hope doesn't go away. Each guardian has a uniqie talent and job they do to do this. Elsa, I've chosen you to be the 6th guardian because I need someone like you. You bring calmness, peacefulness and pureness to us, these are your talents. The other guardians have others. Jack yours for example are joy, empathy and courage.

I have to introduce you to the other guardians Elsa and Jack, you'll get your memories back. When giving you the ability to read minds I had to exchange them. But as soon as you and Elsa arrive here the exchange will be reversed and you'll remember everything. However, when you both arrive here you'll become guardians, and when you return to earth then you'll be invisible to every human. Only once every year for a day are you allowed to spend the day as a human with people you hold dear. This is the price that every guardian has to pay."

Both Elsa and I remain silent for a while. I have to process everything he said.
"I'll do it. I'll be a guardian. The work of making this world a better place.. bringing light to it. It feels like the purpose of my life I have finally found. I'd be honoured to be a guardian."
Elsa says.
I look at her, proud.

"I'll return to being a guardian too. I'd be very glad to work alongside with her. Thank you for sending me on this mission.. I'm sure this mission will make up some of the best memories of my life. And thank you for choosing Elsa."
Elsa takes my hand and smiles at me.
I smile back.
"Thank you for finding her, Jack you've done a very good job."
"Man in moon?" Elsa asks.
"Yes?"
"I'll have to leave my family and Anna right?"
"That's true. But like I said once every year you'll be able to return to her. But since Jack found you early, you two can spend the time until this school year ends here. Actually, a week more since Jack got here a week later."

I look at Elsa.
"Do you want to? I'd love to." I tell her.
"Me too. I really want to spend some time with Anna. And with you.. even though were going to see each other as guardians." I nod.
"I could never get tired of spending more time with you, Elsa, may it be as humans or not." She smiles and rests her head on my shoulder.
"We want to spend the time we have left here." I say and Elsa adds
"Then we'll gladly return to take on our work as guardians."

"Very well. You two.. share a special connection. Not just the connection of being a guardian but much more."
I rest my head on Elsas and smile.
"Man in moon, we both actually feel a connection when.. our hands touch, can you tell us why?"

"Oh I knew you were the right person for this mission.. I'm so glad you feel that, its very rare you know. Ill explain it. Its when guardians love each other. Now, it's time for me to go. We can talk next week around the same time if you'd like, have a goodnight, Elsa and Jack."
With that his voice is gone. He said it. We love each other.