Chapter 13

"Do you like eating something while watching?" I ask Elsa.
She nods, "I actually eat lunch while watching some movie most of the days."
"Ok I'll get some snacks, Im pretty hungry now."
I get a few carrots, tomatoes, crackers, berries and peanut butter. It'll go with everything.. She chuckles when she sees me putting peanut butter on the table
"Good choice. And thank you for all the food I could eat here today, you have to pay for it after all" She says.
"Oh no problem, I like sharing my stuff." Especially with you I add in my mind.
"Have you made up your mind on what to watch?"

We end up watching an animated movie where there are two main characters, the movie shows the story from ones perspective and then switches to the other. The story is about them both discovering a portal that leads to different worlds and when they've travelled through the world they find an exit and go out of the portal to see that they are at the other persons entrance. Then they need to figure out why they ended up there - and somehow find each other.

They become best friends quickly because they see that they have lots of similarities - they both don't have parents because they died, one of them lives with their grandparents and the other one in an orphanage. They always felt like no one understands them but now they understand each other.
During the movie we often laugh and talk about what's happening but not too much so that we won't see what the movie actually is about.

"That was an amazing movie. Have you seen it before?" I ask Elsa when the movie is done.
"Actually no, and I have to say it's a really good one. Not my favourite one but definitely worth rewatching some time. So what do you think about movies now, or more like what do you think about this movie?"
"Yeah I'll probably have to watch more to get an idea of what I think about them in general but this one was really cool. I loved how they made the world's look - No book is able to portray that in your head. I also like the characters design and how they talked. The storytelling was well done, not was interesting to watch. But I notice how when you read books you can get more of the person's thoughts, you might be able to put yourself in their shows better, on the other hand you don't see the exact environment they're in, which only a movie can do. But for that you can imagine the environment yourself.
So.. sorry I'm rambling."

I realize but when I look at her I see that she looks at me interested.
"No no that's fine it's interesting actually.. So you'd say that both can be good? Books and movies?"
"Yeah definitely, it depends on the book and movie themselves, I don't think you can really compare it because a book uses different techniques to tell the story than a movie."
She nods and then yawns.
So adorable.. Oh is it getting late? I'm pretty tired too. I look at the clock.
9pm. It's about to get dark, it's better if she goes now.. even though I'd love to spend more time with her..

"I'd love to stay longer Jack but I think it's best if I get going home now, it's pretty late already. It's about to get dark outside."
"I completely understand, let's get your stuff." We both pack the laptop and movie in her backpack. Then we put the empty dishes to the sink.
"Wanna drink something before you go?" I ask her "Sure."
I fill up two glasses.. just like before breakfast I give her one.. our hands touch. This time I look at her. Does she feel that connection too? She puts her hand around mine and I see in her eyes that she feels something. She looks back at me. I could just read her mind now to find out.. No I don't need to, remember the park? She likes me. But that connection has to be something more than just me liking her, right? Is it a sign that she's the one for my mission?

I let go of her hand and we both blush and drink our water. Then I strech out my arm pointing to the front door.
"After you." I tell her
She smiles and gets going.
"Spending time with you today was amazing. I haven't felt as happy as today in a long time. You're really kind, funny and I can talk about anything to you.. Thank you so much for today."
She tells me after she puts on her shoes. She looks deeply into my eyes while doing so. Wow..
"I'm.. so happy you feel that way.. Really. Thank you for being amazing. You're.. understanding, inspiring and kind.."
We both just stand there watching each other.

I really want to hug her. Really. Really. Just go for it, remember what happened at the park?
"Elsa can I hug you?" I ask, nervous.
She nods. After a short time I wrap my arms around her. I hold her and pull her closer to me, careful not to pull her too close. One of my hands on her back, the other one above it, touching her hair.
I feel her arms around my back as well, one of her hands in my hair.
There's no tension. Just us completely taking in the others embrace.
This feels so right. I just want to stay here. with her. I let my head sink down on her shoulder.

 I let my head sink down on her shoulder

We stay like this for about a minute..
Then she tells me, her head resting on my shoulder
"You're special Jack. I .. really like you.. more than I've ever liked anyone else in the world. You showed me that it can be worth risking someone else not being happy about your actions to make someone else happy. To make yourself happier. I'm so glad I found you in this world."
"And I'm very glad to have found you. I like you more than I've ever liked anyone too. Sometimes.. you seem you're like you're too good to be true. Like you're not from this world. Sorry if this sounds cheesy or weird but that's how I sometimes feel. You also look beautiful and cute by the way.."
"You're also cute and handsome you know?"
We both chuckle. Then we just stay for a while.

"It's getting late.." I tell her
"You're right." She says and we both pull out of the hug. We look at each other once again. Her eyes are sparkling with joy.
"Well I should get going" She then tells me
"Get home well and safe. And until Monday!" I tell her as she walks out the door.
"Can't wait, goodbye!" She tells me, smiling back at me. I watch her in amazement. This one human.. Means so much to me.
"Bye Elsa!" I tell her.

I close the door. I can't believe it. What happened today. We had the best time together. Sharing our interests, having fun and just enjoying each other's presence.. That hug at the end. I jump on my bed and close my eyes. I have to tell man in moon that she's the one. Or at least that I want to find out if she's it. She trusts me right? And that connection. It has to mean something.
She probably feels it too, doesn't she?
Those thoughts fill my head while I feel myself drifting to sleep.