Chapter 4

Since the flight from their airport in Tokyo to Honolulu, Hawaii was estimated to be eight and a half hours, Hiyori chose an early morning flight to arrive in the evening. They didn't have to worry about sleeping or taking several days to get there. However, this meant they had to sit around for over eight hours and Hiyori easily gets bored. After Jun stopped messing with him, Jun moved on to watching movies. Hiyori tried his best to stay busy, but after three hours he was bored out of his mind. "I can't take this anymore!!" he shouted.

Jun turned to look at Hiyori with concern. "What's wrong?"

Hiyori sighed. "I'm so bored I can't take it anymore! You promised me fun so let's have some fun!"

Jun smirked. "I did try to have fun with you earlier but you didn't want any part of it. If you want to try that game again, I'd be happy to." He thought it would get Hiyori to shut up so Jun could go back to the movie he was watching. He hasn't watched any movies lately and the one that popped up was a popular romantic movie. It caught his attention so he couldn't stop now. He had to know how it ended! But he couldn't tell Hiyori that.

Hiyori felt his face go hot and stuttered. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. Now let's play my game. I know you'll want to."

Jun blew out a sigh, I guess I have no choice, he thought. "What game?"

Hiyori smiled, "It's a game Nagisa and I used to play when we were little. I start to sing several lines of a song we both know and when I stop you have to immediately finish the lyrics of the line I was singing. If you don't, you lose."

Jun paused. "Seems simple enough. But what do I get if I win or lose?" He hoped Hiyori hadn't thought of it already, and would take some more time to consider it so Jun could at least finish the scene he was watching.

However, Hiyori replied immediately, "Well we'll play several rounds and use a point system. However many you get correct are the amount of points you receive. Whoever has the most points at the end of the whole game, will win. Since today is July 26 and we'll come back from this trip on the 26th of August. We have about four and a half weeks of vacation, so I was think that one day of each of the four weeks goes to the winner. The winner chooses whatever they want to do for the entire day. The loser has to do and go along with whatever the winner says without objection. This means the winner can do whatever they want for a day and make the loser do what they want too."

Jun stopped his movie and turned to see Hiyori's smug smile. He wasn't sure what Hiyori was thinking, but Jun was definitely interested now. He wasn't sure he could actually beat Hiyori though. Hiyori's been performing longer than he has, and even though they listen to plenty of music together, the songs are always Hiyori's suggestions. He doesn't remember half of the songs Hiyori has made him listen to. But I can't just back out of it, and on the slight chance I do win, Hiyori does whatever Jun wants for four whole days! He couldn't pass this up so he replied, "I'm in. Let's play."

Hiyori asked, "Are you sure? Because you can't back out of it in the middle of the game, and you have to keep your end of the deal if you lose." Hiyori was so excited he could barely hold it in. He had already decided what to do for three out of the four days. He couldn't lose this, because he had no idea what Jun would make it do and didn't want to find out.

Jun paused and thought it through again. He nodded his head, "Yes, I'm sure. I promise to stick to the deal so make sure you do too." He was now 75% sure he would lose because he could see the look on Hiyori's face that told him Hiyori was not going to go easy on him. He couldn't back out though because he didn't want Hiyori to think of him as a coward. Oh well, I'll try to at least score a couple points.

"Perfect!" Hiyori replied happily. "Ok then, for the first round I'll let you sing a song first and we'll go from there."

They played so many rounds that they lost count. Whenever one was winning, the other wanted to keep playing to get more points. Over two hours later, both Hiyori and Jun were breathing heavily as they were adding up all of the points they earned. Jun had lost track of time and even forgot he needed to take breaks to breathe during the game. He didn't care at the time because he was having such a good time. He forgot how much fun it was to sing with Hiyori. He was used to doing it all the time for performances and such, but singing for fun, they haven't done in a while. He never wanted it to stop so he kept challenging Hiyori to another round. He didn't even care about the game anymore, he just wanted to keep singing with Hiyori. He didn't even realize that he was doing so well at the end so when he added his points he said, "227 points. How many did you get?"