Chapter 3

After getting through security and checking in their luggage, Jun and Hiyori finally got to sit down by their designated gate. Hiyori almost fell onto the chair. His exhaustion from not sleeping through the night was finally catching up with him. He slumped down in his seat and started to close his eyes. This isn't comfortable at all, he thought. He tried moving around to get in a more comfortable position, but nothing seemed good enough. Then he heard Jun sit next to him and had a thought. He immediately turned to Jun and wrapped his arm around Jun's chest and laid his head on Jun's shoulder. Now this is comfortable, he thought as he smiled, I was only doing this to mess with Jun but I actually want to stay like this.

He already started drifting off to sleep until someone yelled in his ear, "I'm not your personal pillow! Get off me!"

"Mmph." Hiyori mumbled as he tried to fall back asleep.

Jun had just sat down until Hiyori practically threw himself on Jun and fell asleep instantly. It happened so fast that Jun didn't react at first. His whole body tightened and his heart started to pound. The last thing he wanted was for Hiyori to hear how fast his heart beat because he was sure Hiyori would never let it go. He managed to get back his voice back and yelled at Hiyori to get off but he just fell back asleep. He finally took a good look at Hiyori's face and stopped moving. Hiyori had dark circles under his eyes and looked much paler than normal. What happened to him? Jun thought. "Hey Ohiisan, did you not get any sleep last night?" Jun asked concerned.

"No." Hiyori managed to mumble.

Jun paused before asking, "Why not? Is something wrong?"

Hiyori was too tired to explain and just wanted to sleep. So he blurted out whatever excuse Jun would believe, "No, nothing. Just stayed up too late looking through and trying on all of my clothes." Then he buried his head in Jun's neck as he tried for the third time to fall asleep.

Jun sighed, "Oh Hiyori, you're so ridiculous sometimes." He smiled as he said this and started to run his fingers through Hiyori's hair to help him fall asleep. It made Jun think of when he and Hiyori first started working in their unit together.

Jun would get very anxious before their first performances that he could never sleep the night before. He would get very exhausted when they practiced before the show and Hiyori noticed right away. Hiyori took Jun by the arm and dragged him to a dark room far away from all the noise and led him to a couch. "Jun-kun you're too tired to perform. Do you want to mess this up for us?"

Jun laid down on the couch and shook his head. "No of course not. I just get so nervous the night before a performance that I can't sleep. I'm sorry I kept messing up today. I do want to perform a flawless show with you all. It's always been my dream to be on that stage, which is why I get so nervous about ruining the show."

Hiyori only sighed and said, "But isn't losing sleep making you ruin the show anyways? Oh Jun-kun you're so ridiculous sometimes." He laid a blanket on Jun and then ran his fingers through Jun's hair so softly. Jun instantly felt sleepy and relaxed so that not even a minute later he was in a deep sleep. Hiyori stayed by Jun's side stroking his hair and humming a lullaby to make sure Jun stayed asleep.

Jun smiled at the memory. He whispered, "Now I finally can repay you for what you did. I'll never forget it." He kept running his hands through Hiyori's hair and hummed the same lullaby Hiyori did. After staying like this for several hours, their plane was ready for passengers to board. Jun lightly pushed Hiyori off of him saying, "Ohiisan. Ohiisan! It's time to wake up. They're ready to board."

He kept trying to shake Hiyori awake until Hiyori mumbled, "You know we're in first class right? Well did you also know I made sure no one else was in first class as well?? So why are we in such a rush?!!? Let me sleep on your lap for ten more minutes..." He started to doze off again until he felt Jun pick him up and sling him over his shoulder.