M E S S A G E + (informal) R E C A P

***15.01.04 this specific post will be up for a week then removed.

      Hello everyone, affiniteas here! So, it’s been a long five months. I’m so sorry, guys. With school and the holidays, I was busy and catching up with my outside life. Let us welcome the new year with open arms! I missed you all! 

     You received two notifications: this recap you’re reading right now AND chapter 30 (Yup, the new chapter is up). Because of the long gap of no updates, I thought that readers might need a refresher before reading the new chapter. It’s my fault since it’s been a long time. 

     To avoid confusion or possible questions about the plot, I wrote out a rather informal summary of what has happened in CoU. Along with the summary are some character refreshers as well, just in case some names that will appear in the final chapters might be a blur (again, my fault for the lack of updates).

     I do REALLY, REALLY appreciate anyone and everyone who has been supporting me and has been patiently waiting for CoU. It really warms my heart, and thank you guys so much! Let me hug you all.

NOTE: Reading the recap is up to you. If the story is still fresh in your mind, feel free to skip this part entirely and start reading the chapter. Thank you everyone! xoxo

· R E C A P ·

     Olivia Harris is an aspiring photographer who thought she’d get a full ride scholarship to her dream school at her old internship. Things don’t go her way, and she’s left empty handed. But hey, it does work out with her eventually (she gets offered a scholarship to NYU by her photography teacher. Go Mrs. Garfield!). During that dark period for her, she gets acquainted with her locker buddy, Joshua Anderson–professional jerk, and he’s a pretty darn good pianist.

     The two don’t see eye to eye, but somehow managed to get tangled in each other’s messes. Olivia has an estranged relationship with her dad since he left his family when she was 7 (note: he’s been known to not pull his end of the weight. ie. not showing up at the father-daughter dance). Joshua seems to be the keeper of mysteries about his past and with all these unknown men chasing after him. Despite all of this and some misunderstandings along the way (ie. Joshua getting jealous of Drew, brownies getting burnt), their friendship grows as they support one another. 

     After being sent to the police station in Callaway Village during their spring break (because of being out past curfew. Round of applause for that officer *insert sarcasm*), Olivia’s dad banned her from seeing Joshua since she is “always found” in trouble whenever Joshua is around. So, the avoidance occurs for some time. It’s only until Joshua gives out a sweet performance after the spring showcase as an apology to Olivia. They make up and finally kiss (with Mikaela fangirling in the audience). 

     Olivia and Joshua are now together and are preparing for prom. In the last chapter, Eric finally lived up to his feelings and asked Mikaela to prom (Olivia’s best friends hugged while Olivia was fangirling and taking pictures–she made Joshua’s arm numb during the process).

     And now, we’re left to see what comes for Olivia, Joshua, Eric, and Mikaela as they finish their senior year. Also, what is the deal with Joshua and his association with the weird men, and will Olivia ever forgive her dad?

· C H A R A C T E R · R E F R E S H E R ·

- Ethan Ross: We don’t know much about him except that he’s Joshua’s best friend, has a girlfriend named Nadia, and is a full-time jokester. Known to support Joshua and Olivia’s growing relationship no matter how many times they denied it.  

- Drew Larkin: He is the son of Olivia’s mother’s best friend, making Olivia and Drew friends by default. They are not related in any way. He’s obnoxious and thinks he’s a ladies man, but a talented football player and caring friend nonetheless. Can be surprisingly inspirational (refer to chapter 26). 

- Trevor Greene: Mikaela’s quite psychotic ex-boyfriend. Had a breakdown after they broke up, leading to some massive drama with Eric giving him a black eye, and Trevor and his friends beating up Eric back. He has returned after his month long suspension, but there’s something off about him. 

Belinda Summers: Olivia's stepmother. There's a lot of uncertainty between the relationship she has with Olivia. During a tensed argument Olivia and her dad had at Callway Village, Olivia found out that Belinda is unable to conceive.

- Kirsten, Bethany, and Gabriel Anderson: All of them are Joshua’s younger siblings who love Joshua dearly just as much as he loves them. They (including Joshua) were adopted by Roselle Anderson at a young age.

If you have any further questions, feel free to leave a comment, and I’ll get to it as soon as I can!

Happy reading,

affiniteas