10 · The Green-Eyed Mystery

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

10 · The Green-Eyed Mystery

"Come on, Joshua! Don't be shy. Release that inner model!" Mikaela roared out. 

As much as I loved Mikaela, she wasn't helping Joshua's current situation very much. We started the weekend with the photo-shoot for the contest. Joshua shot me a look of death when Mikaela came along with absolute excitement. The reason for her being here was that I needed someone to help me with the reflector in order to capture the right amount of light. 

Mikaela was always my right hand man — woman, in this case.  

The three of us were nearby the deserted train tracks of the city. It wasn't exactly allowed to be on these grounds, but it was for the love of photography. Sometimes, rules had to be broken. Because there was enough sun and plenty of clouds, I knew today would be perfect. Joshua was fully healed from the attack we never spoke about. Only because I agreed to which I was kind of regretting it. 

Joshua stood there in the most awkward position as Mikaela swung the reflector around, calling out all these poses even I wasn't aware of. 

Lowering the DSLR camera to my side, I gently informed, "Mikaela, I think you're scaring him." 

Mikaela turned her attention to me and tilted her head, a little oblivious. When she looked back at Joshua, he had a hard expression on his face as he stood by the train tracks. Understanding the situation better, Mikaela nodded her head. 

"Sorry! I just get really excited whenever you have these shoots," she then offered. "How about this? You tell me where to direct this thing that looks like the windshield covers for our cars, and I'll just close my eyes while you take the pictures." 

Following along, I instructed Mikaela, and she did as promised.  

Turning back to Joshua, I told him to go for a presentable yet monochrome colored attire. When Joshua came, I was impressed by the trendy black leather jacket that he paired with a white shirt. The dark black denim and boots tied everything as a whole. Even Mikaela's jaw dropped in amazement at the sight of him.  

Joshua came with his usual hairstyle, but Mikaela volunteered to fix it despite his protest. I completely forgot that my friend carried a salon in the back of her car. Now, Joshua's brown hair was slightly pushed up and revealed the entire outline of his face. His green eyes seemed brighter due to the exposure, and his dark eyebrows balanced out his face nicely. 

"Are you going to tell me what to do now or what?" Joshua deadpanned. 

Giving him a look, I answered, "Patience is key." 

He rolled his eyes but still listened. 

Angling my head a bit, the dark contrast of the setting and Joshua's attire would compliment perfectly with the bright intensity of his green eyes. After telling Joshua to follow where I was pointing at, I held the DSLR to my eyes. Once I found the perfect framing, I made sure the proper aperture and metering was set before clicking the shutter. Within seconds, Mikaela came to my side and looked at the preview on the screen.  

"Let me see!" she squealed. "Wow, that one turned out nice! I think my modeling suggestions helped a lot." 

Giggling at Mikaela's confidence, I found it adorable. Joshua must have overheard because we caught him hiding his laughter by coughing into his hand.  

Mikaela looked at us with disbelief, but she still let out a smile. "I know you guys totally agree with me." 

As we continued on, I noticed how uncomfortable Joshua got whenever I was about to take a photo. His face would immediately tense up. Looking at the situation through another perspective, I did put a lot of pressure on Joshua for asking him to do this.