14 · The Introduction of the Explanation

• Dedicated to TiffanyFH

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

14 · The Introduction of the Explanation

"Never in my nineteen years of being an educator have I witnessed such behavior."

These were the words that were often overplayed in the media, but never the words that one would want to hear in reality. 

Principal Walker was staring hard into our souls as his hands were pressed on top of his cherry wood desk. The pressure from his fingertips were turning a ghostly white. After a minute of torturous silence, Principal Walker began to pace back and forth.  

He started to rub his temples. "Is there anything I should know now?" 

Instead of the last part of his words proposing a question, it was pressed like a demand. 

As this was all happening, I couldn't concentrate clearly. My mind was all over the place, especially on Eric who was currently in the school clinic. All I did was worry if he was all right. I had to get out of this suffocating room to see him.  

"Olivia," Principal Walker prompted. 

Snapping out of it, my eyes immediately gazed over at Principal Walker. From my peripheral vision, Joshua had glanced at me briefly on my left while Trevor's hefty friend, Francisco, looked like he was about to faint this very moment on my right. 

"Yes, Principal Walker?" 

Principal Walker's aged face creased as his brown eyes searched for the truth. "I need you to tell me what happened." 

Blinking reluctantly at first, the reason why I felt intimidated was because I had never been in the principle's office for unnecessary reasons before. Principal Walker and I were on good terms since I was quite involved in school. However, I reminded myself that no one from my side did anything wrong. It was Trevor and his friends. I had to get the truth out to Principal Walker. 

I replied, "I was going to the cafeteria, and that's when I found Trevor and his friends hurting Eric. The fight was already happening, and I tried to stop it. I'm sorry, but that's all I know, Principal Walker." 

"She's lying," Trevor abruptly coughed up. 

Principal Walker arched his eyebrow and asked Trevor, "What do you mean?"

"Yeah, what do you mean?" I emphasized, sending a harsh stare at Trevor who was sitting on the farthest seat to the right.

Trevor was holding an icepack on the spot Joshua severely punched. From where I sat, his previous black eye was like bright Vegas lights in a dark night. Trevor's jaw clenched a little in hesitation, and I could already imagine myself rolling my eyes at his upcoming answer. 

"She's acting like she doesn't know, but she does. She's good friends with Eric, why wouldn't she know?" Trevor tried to reason. 

Principal Walker took Trevor's words into consideration and settled his attention back onto me. Before he could question me even more, someone else decided to speak up.

"That's because she really doesn't know," Joshua reasoned.

Trevor countered back bitterly, "Shut up, Anderson. No one asked you." 

Principal Walker huffed out a deep sigh, breaking the tension, "Alright, enough! You all do realize that bad conduct will get you suspended or expelled. I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in the football team's behavior. I will not overlook this matter, and I will take action. I informed all your parents, and they are already here. I will all speak with you and your parents individually."