01 · The Life Changing Event

Compositions of Us

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

“Compositions of Us” and affiniteas will only be found at Wattpad.

Images/artwork used for the “Compositions of Us” book cover do not belong to affiniteas and are not being used for commericial purposes.

A friendly reminder:

[1]: Profanity will be involved in this story, and I apologize if that is not your cup of tea.

[2]: The story takes place in the year 2012 where the characters are 17/18.

01 · The Life Changing Event

In our lifetime, there will be a particular day — a driving test, graduation, marriage, whatever it may be — that we look forward to. That particular day which changes the entire course of your life and molds you into a new person.

Today would be that day.

Hopping out of the city bus, I thanked Mr. Martin for a pleasant ride before I hurried my way to Remy's Camera & Co

Ever since my second year of high school, I was able to intern at this well-known and prestigious photography company. For any aspiring photographer that wants to make it into the business, Remy's Camera & Co. was the place. Any one who can step foot in the building was already considered a lucky bastard. 

I still remembered the day I heard about Remy's when I was finishing up middle school. I was lucky enough to snag a spot for their internship since photography had always been my calling. 

However, getting an internship at Remy's wasn't my life changing event. I was just getting started. 

There was a reason why interning at Remy's Camera & Co. was such an amazing opportunity. 

Other than polishing your photography skills and working with people who were well spoken of in the business, there was a chance that one lucky, special intern would receive a full scholarship to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago

This opportunity was given out once every two years.

And today, my respected director and daughter of the Remy Sinclair, Scarlet Sinclair, was going to announce who would receive the golden ticket.

Having my hand stuck on the brass door handle, I inhaled before exhaling slowly. This was it. Giving myself a brief pep-talk, I didn't care if anyone who was passing by thought I lost my mind or thought I lacked the knowledge on how to open a door.

I muttered under my breath, "Olivia Harris, today is your day. You're going to take that scholarship because it was meant to be yours, and then, you're going to smile with gratitude."

The back story for my high confidence was that I truly felt the company liked me as much as I appreciated them. Ms. Sinclair relied on me to complete all the important duties from developing important photo prints to assisting photo shoots. These responsibilities were only given to people that Ms. Sinclair trusted.

Finally turning the knob, the familiar setting of the brightly lit photography studio was taken in. Walking to the office in the back, Ms. Sinclair and the other potential candidate, Aidan Barnes, were already waiting inside. A little concerned, I could had sworn she instructed us to come here a quarter to three.