chapter fifteen // otp.

louis's pov

"I'm just saying, they wouldn't even notice if we left the bottle of wine and candles in his room. Those two aren't idiots, they wouldn't let a good bottle of wine go to waste," I talk excitedly, giving Mia's hand a squeeze as we make our way into the waiting room we've grown so accustomed to. 

The boys aren't there yet, as we had figured considering they don't get their asses out of bed until about noon anyways. Mia plops herself down on a sofa and immediately pulls out her phone and laptop, knowing she has a lot of work to catch up on since she's been away for a few days.

"Lou, you're going to push it too far and it's going to blow up in flames," She scolds. I open my mouth to interject but she cuts me off first, "And not the good flames," She smirks, knowing me so god damn well, "Just let it work out in time, they're perfect for each other so you know it will," She sighs as I sit down beside her on the rather uncomfortable couch.

"You don't know Liam, he's too polite. He's never going to put himself out there without knowing 100% that Ellie would like that, and Ellie is too god damn humble to do it herself. And then you add in how horrible his last relationship ended," I grumble, shaking my head.

All this morning as we were getting ready for the day - after Ellie had left her place already, of course - I have been plotting different ways I can discreetly bring the two together.

I came up with all sorts of golden ideas, only to have them shot down by Mia, who has a much more realistic viewpoint on the whole thing. She explained to me that you can't just leave condoms in a room and expect two people to fall in love. 

I tried telling her that it wouldn't hurt to try.

I thought the little dinner the two had a few nights would have sparked something, but I haven't gotten any silly little texts from Liam like I would have assumed. But maybe Liam's just being very shy about it and maybe something did happen last night. Ellie was a little giddy when she got home that night, if I do recall.

"I'm going to go pay Liam a visit," I decide, jumping off of the couch quickly.

Mia glances up from her computer where she was already typing furiously, the hard working girl. 

"Don't bug him too much, Lou," She warns me as I bend down to give her a peck on the forehead.

"Never," I smile as I leave her alone to do her work, knowing that I can be quite distracting to her. It's not my fault I'm reminded every time I look at her that she's the most beautiful girl on the planet and that I must use every opportunity I have to kiss her. 

I'm going to distract her as much as possible while I have her. 

I head down the hallway quickly, knowing that Tyler hates it when we're here, let alone when we venture anywhere besides our waiting room. A few nurses give me a friendly smile as I knock on Liam's door. 

I don't give him much preparation before I'm throwing open the door. Of course, Ellie was there, laughing as she sat at his bedside. 

"Lou," Liam smiles, looking happy to see me as he always does. His enthusiasm is the reason we love him.

"Hey, Louis," Ellie smiles warmly at me as well, looking in such a good mood, though I know it's not my presence that did that, "I'll let you guys have some time together. I've got work that I can't push off anymore," She smiles at Liam, giving him a pat on the arm before exiting the room.

Liam watches her leave so intently, a dopey grin plastered all over his face. It was as if he had already forgotten I was there. 

I love it.