// epilogue //

ellie's pov

It was the awkward time of the year where things start to warm up and you sweat if you wear a coat, but still too chilly to leave the coat behind. March was definitely my least favorite month. 

The odd temperatures also made moving large boxes into the new houses more horrible than it had to be.

"Wear a coat, you're going to get sick," Olivia scolds Harry after he peels off a jean jacket. His long hair is pulled back into a bun, but he still sweats. 

"I'm drenched," He argues, gesturing to his wet t-shirt, but as Olivia walks away with an annoyed frown, Harry grumbles and puts his jacket on once more. Louis opens his mouth to make a joke about him being whipped but Mia gives him an elbow, shutting him up. 

I laugh to myself as I set down a box labeled 'plates and bowls' down in the kitchen. But before I head back out to grab another box from the mover's truck, I take a look around. I still can't believe I'm here in Wolverhampton. And I can't believe I'm living with Liam. 

After Dr. Frenette had told me about the hospital here offering me a job, I called them immediately, taking it. They were overjoyed to have me, and told me they could fly me out whenever I wanted to start. Despite Liam's objections, I told them I would fly out the moment Liam was dispatched from the hospital back in Chicago.

Taking that as a challenge, Liam worked incredibly hard at his physical therapy and he started to improve exponentially. Zayn credits me, but I will take no responsibility. Liam is just that strong

We stayed a week or two with Liam's family so he could spend time with them while I was training into my new job. Since I technically haven't finished my residency, I'm still a resident at the hospital, but the institution of medicine is much less competitive over here. Though I can't quite call myself Dr. Vandergelt yet, I'm treated as a respected doctor and individual. It is much more my environment.

Last week, Liam had a big surprise when I came home from work. He had Zayn drive us a few miles away from his house and he had this big dopey grin on his face. Then he pulled up to a beautiful quaint house that looked like a cottage straight out of a fairytale. 

He started freaking out, saying he knows it's early in our relationship, but he figured that we should have our own place and if I don't like it, that he can find me my own place and we can move together when we're ready and every other thought that was racing around in his head.

But it was perfect. 

Somehow we convinced everyone - and I mean everyone, the boys, their girls, Ed, Tea, and Sable - to come and help us move into the beautiful house. I stand in the doorway of the kitchen, watching everyone walk in and out, laughing and full of smiles, a content smile on my own face. 

"What're you thinking about?" Liam pulls me from my thoughts as he wheels himself over to me. He grabs my hands and kisses each of my knuckles - a little habit of his. 

"Just thinking about how happy I am," I explain, bending over to plant a few kisses of my own on his lips. 

"I would be happy too if I had all of my friends doing slave labor," Niall grumbles as he wipes his sweaty forehead with his shirt, exposing his tummy. 

"Sorry, sorry," I leave one last kiss on Liam's lips as I walk across the house, "I'm going."

But before I can get out the door, Louis grabs my shoulders and stops me, spinning me around. 

"It's all done," He explains, allowing me to gaze upon the boxes nearly filling the living room - our living room. 

My eyebrows raise as I look around the room at all of our smiling friends. I've been so panicked getting everything moved from both Liam and my apartments that I hadn't even thought about what it would feel like once we're moved in.