chapter twenty-six // home, let me go home

liam's pov

After nearly a ten hour flight, we reach the Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport which is about a half hour drive from my childhood home. The flight consisted mostly of Ellie's corny jokes and rants about her favorite books and tv shows, along with me pretending not to be completely afraid of flying, along with a little bit of falling asleep on each other's shoulders. 

All in all, I'd have to say it was one of my favorite flights I've taken. Though I'm not that surprised. Ellie's company would make hell a great time. 

When we land, I reach over to wake Ellie, letting her sleep as long as possible. The other boys all smile and make pouty faces at the sleeping Ellie beforehand, of course. And even Harry snaps a picture of her fast asleep on my shoulder, as much as I try to shoo them all away. 

"Ellie, we're here," I whisper, reaching forward to delicately place my hand on her shoulder, giving her a soft shake. 

Slowly, she blinks her eyes open, crinkling her brows together in the most adorable way. Squinting, she begins looking around, looking utterly confused. I have to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. 

"Oh!" She gasps, sitting up straight as her face turns a bright shade of pink, "Sorry about that," She mumbles as she fumbles around in her seat, trying to get her seatbelt off. 

I can't help but to let out a small laugh as her hair sticks up the slightest and her eyes look all sleepy. Is this what she looks like in the morning? So sleepy, yet so adorable. 

"No worries, it was a long flight," I assure her as a flight attendant comes over and unhooks my wheelchair so we can begin heading out. 

I can feel the excitement bubbling up in my gut as I look out the window, glancing at the gloomy British weather, looking very typical for late November. It's been so long since I've been home. I never realize how much I miss it until I'm here. 

Ellie looks extremely overwhelmed as she gathers her things, making sure she doesn't leave anything behind, shoving things back into her purse. 

"Ellie," I call out, pulling her from her frantic thoughts.

She looks at me with wide eyes from her seat, looking so adorably panicked. I just lean forward and brush down a few hairs that stuck out, tucking them behind her ear. Her cheeks turn a bright pink as she wears that cute little smile of hers. 

"Thanks," She mumbles, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"You two almost ready? It's not like we're waiting or anything," Niall sticks his head back into the plane, giving us an impatient frown. 

Ellie jumps to her feet by the sound of his voice and hurries behind my wheelchair, wheeling me to the ramp. She's about to step off of the ramp to let me go down myself when it begins moving, too fast for her to move. Instead she lets out a gasp and reaches forward so her hands are clamped on my shoulders. 

With a laugh, I look over my shoulder at her surprised expression, giving both of her hands a pat with my own. 

Slowly, the doors open and reveal an entire entourage of people waiting for us. My eyes widen as a great big smile spreads across my face. Standing there waiting are my family, Olivia, Alicia, Linley, Ed and Tea. I let out an excited laugh as they all cheer while Ellie and I are lowered to the ground. 

The lads all look so excited as they join their girlfriends in a giant hug. It was like one great big reunion after being on the road for months. My family rushes over to greet me as Ellie wheels me off of the ramp. 

"You look so great," My mum rushes over to throw her arms around me, embracing me in a tight hug that hurts ever-so-slightly, but my happiness overrides the small amount of pain. I can feel happy tears welling up in my eyes as she kisses me all over my face.