The Dare Part 5: Told you

Okay, this is the last one of this mini series. Feel free to comment ideas or things you want me to do.

Cliff in the Woods
Spy School
8:00 PM
Saturday
July 5th

Ben's POV:
I woke up slowly. I looked around and saw a sleeping Erica cuddled up on top of me. We were still out in the woods. I gently moved her so she was laying across my lap and sat up. I lifted her and carefully pulled myself out from under her. I stood up and slung my guitar over my back. I rolled the blanket around Erica.

I gently picked her up bridal style and headed towards the buildings. She moved slightly and muttered something I couldn't hear.

After a while I got to her dorm and managed to open her door after quite a struggle.

I went in and set her on the bed. I left her in the blanket and figured I'd just let her have it or get it back another time. I took her shoes off and put them in her closet.

I kissed her forehead and whispered. "Goodnight baby. Sleep well. I love you."

"I love you too." She murmured sleepily.

I remembered her leg. I decided to let her sleep and I'd look at it when she woke up. I slid my guitar in front of me. I laid on the bed next to her and scrolled through my phone.

I put it away after a while and quietly played a couple songs. I hummed and softly played. I whisper sang

After a couple hours she slowly sat up and groggily rubbed her eyes.

"Hello sleepyhead." I laughed.

She jumped and looked over.

"Ben? What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too." I teased. And after we both passed out in the woods, I woke up and carried you back. I've been waiting here for you to wake up so I could tend to your leg again."

"How long's it been?"

"Couple hours."

"What if I didn't wake up until the morning?"

"Then I'd have waited until you did."

"Here?"

"Yeah? I slept here last night, per your request. It was to help you so I would have tonight too."

"Oh would you?"

"Yes." I got up and pushed my guitar back behind my back. I got the first aid kit. I sat down towards the foot of her bed sideways. I took the blanket off and pulled her legs onto my lap.

"Come here." I muttered.

I unwrapped the bandage.

"It's looking a little bit better. It's healing and doesn't seem to be infected. So that's good." I said with a smile.

I cleaned the blood off and wrapped it back up with a new bandage.

"There." I smiled proudly.

"You are one of a kind." She sighed exasperatedly.

"Thank you ma'am." I smirked with a little bow.

I got up and moved back to where I had been, next to her. I took my guitar and started playing again.

No specific song, just notes.

I glanced at Erica and saw her watching me.

I thought of a song that I used to play all the time.

So I switched chords to that song's opening.

"Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home." I sang quietly.
"Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found." Erica joined in and my voice fell silent. I kept playing, but was amazed by how beautiful her voice was.
"Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home." I joined back in with a smile.
"Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home." We sang together, smiling like idiots.

"You have the most amazing voice E."

"Really Ben?"

"What! Can I not compliment you?" I laughed.

She blushed and rolled her eyes. She lightly punched my shoulder.

"Such a doofus."

"Hey, I'm not complaining. I am your doofus after all." I winked.

"I give up." She joked.

"Good." I grinned.

I took my guitar off my lap and set it next to her bed.

"Come here." I said softly.

She rolled up next to me and I held her close.

"I love you."

She curled up next to me and whispered. " I love you more."

"And I love you the most."

We cuddled and fell asleep curled up together.

It was a crazy few days, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Okay, and that's officially the last chapter of that little mini-series. there will be one more part, an epilogue, to finish it off.